Servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabian Hill

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what are good value steering servos for outboard tunnels running 4s and 6s ?

thanks in advance

Robert,

Fabians 4S & 6S boats are FE and don't use a throttle servo. Your HS-755HB is a quarter scale servo with 183 oz torque. I would opt for the HS-755MG, has 200 oz. torque and METAL GEARS.

Farian if you have room a quarter scale is fine but I prefer standard size with metal gears and at least 180 oz. torque.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d772.html

Lately I have been buying EXI and Solar servos and they are doing well. The Solar 772 is digital, coreless, metal gears and 368 oz Torque at 6v and will take 7.4v. For $20 if it fails you can throw it away cheaper than replacing metal gears on a Hitec or Futaba. Used these servos to set the Q&S oval records and still working fine. Stanard size saves weight and more room for placing batteries especially on a P (4S).

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mic exactely the kind of answer I was looking for $20 and it works !! ha ha perfect !

Cheers for the link too

I've had mine on the shelf for a bit but have a bit more time now so setting something up.

Thanks Robert for your input, I don't have a Gas tunnel yet ... but I will one day, I like the idea of geared outboard drive just seem a bit expensive still.

I'd like a ML boatworks GX480 but I think Mike must be flat out because I still haven't got a reply to my emails ...

Cheers,

Fabs

Fabian,

Check out the THOR 470 Gas Tunnel. PM me and I will give you Carl's info. You will not be disappointed.....
default_smile.png

Fabian, I have been on the road, and going to reply to a lot of emails tomorrow morning. I will get you the info you need in the morning. I wanted to give you the proper reply you needed about the 40 tunnel. Talk soon and sorry for the delay. Mike

No Worries at all Mike, just ignore my previous emails and PM's from around various sites then .... lol

thanks Ron I'll have a look

Back