servo ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they are too small. in a 60 rigger I would use a hs-605bb at 6.0 volts or the hs-645mg at 4.8

you really want a minum of 100oz of torque for a 60 boat i'd say. more would be better.

I use a HS81MG in my 60 rigger -but only for my mixture control ;D ;D

You want a bare minimum of 100oz. of torque for your rudder as Tom said.

Yup,

Only use a small servo like that for the third needle. And I tend to find recently that they aren't even enough throw for the carb. The Hi-Tec 81MG's used to provide enough throw to work the carb but I wonder if recently they reworked that servo??

i knew i had to use the 100oz servo for the rudder. I was justwondering if i should use the 81 for throttle and mixture or would it be better to use the 225

thanks for the info

NJ ;D

go with the 225's, they're small yet still reliable... trust me, I have 81mg's too, just a little to weak in my opinion ;) the weight savings between 2 81mg's and 2 225's is equivalent to a half ounce of fuel.... not significant at all in a 60 boat.... you will be happy with the 225's

Hi Guy's

The 225's are brilliant little servos - probably could get away with one on rudder in a 21 rigger - definately on some of these 12's that people are building.

GT ;D

The Cirrus MG-80 is a good servo to!!! Standard size and 129oz/in for 22.00. They are also clear cased you can see everything. It's a HD car servo Quantum Models and Sheldons Hobbies are the cheapest places to get them.

Hey RCB2 have we been here before ?? ;D ;D ;D IT'S ALL GOOD !!

Latest posts

Back