SCALE RUDDER PLACEMENT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Walter

Is is better to mount the rudder on the left side of the transom or is it just personal preference? also, is it legal in NAMBA to use a extended rudder bracket on a scale? MARK

It is better to have the left side rudder. why would you want a extended rudder? scale boats have the prop close to the transom, I would not have the rudder more than an inch or so back. The speedmaster short or medium bracket is the one to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is better to have the left side rudder. why would you want a extended rudder? scale boats have the prop close to the transom, I would not have the rudder more than an inch or so back. The speedmaster short or medium bracket is the one to use.

I would agree with Phil here. I would only extend the rudder back if the afterplanes were behind the transom. Only by 1/2 inch. That would be because the prop on some of the new boat can like there proto type design. They are pushed back behind the transom. I have seen some as much as 10 inches

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back