Scale Front Wing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer504

What is a good angle to start with on the front wing of a Phil Thomas Bud T5 hull? I'm going to make it adjustable but I need a good median starting point. Something that I can go + or - from. Thanks, Mike

What is a good angle to start with on the front wing of a Phil Thomas Bud T5 hull? I'm going to make it adjustable but I need a good median starting point. Something that I can go + or - from. Thanks, Mike
I'm doing a DPS T-6 with the adjustable wing.Find yourself a good 360` degree level.Level the boat at 0`make sure its at 0.Then move the level to the wing and do the same make it 0 degrees.You can manually set it with the pushrod you can fine tune it by gyro,servo not sure how you are setting up with??I'm useing a high torque servo.send me your regular email and I'll send you a picture of the degree level.It is easy to do.Shann

I'm doing a DPS T-6 with the adjustable wing.Find yourself a good 360` degree level.Level the boat at 0`make sure its at 0.Then move the level to the wing and do the same make it 0 degrees.You can manually set it with the pushrod you can fine tune it by gyro,servo not sure how you are setting up with??I'm useing a high torque servo.send me your regular email and I'll send you a picture of the degree level.It is easy to do.Shann
Shann, Thanks for your suggestions. I'm not planning to make it moveable by servo at this time. Just going to make it mechanically adjustable. I'm just guessing some downforce may be required to keep it from blowing over. Since we won't be moving it during a run, can someone give me a ball park figure for the angle (An educated guess). Thanks, Mike

Shann, Thanks for your suggestions. I'm not planning to make it moveable by servo at this time. Just going to make it mechanically adjustable. I'm just guessing some downforce may be required to keep it from blowing over. Since we won't be moving it during a run, can someone give me a ball park figure for the angle (An educated guess). Thanks, Mike
15 to 20 degrees positive angle

Can someone post a picture of how they are attaching the moveable canard to the wing. I cant visualize what I need to do on the Znetix to make an adjustable, strong wing.. Thanks Tony J

Thanks Doug. Like Tony, I would also like to see some attachment techniques for that wing. Mike

Thanks Doug. Like Tony, I would also like to see some attachment techniques for that wing. Mike

Me Three!!!!!!!!

Shnick

I am also running a PT T-5 hull.I have set my front canard such that the rear of the wing is slightly above the top of the sponson. The angle is 20 or more degrees.I attach the front of the canard with small Dubro plastic clips under the canard that will pop loose in case the need arises.Some guys tape the rear to easily change the angle.I made a plastic clip with one long leg with two holes to allow adjusting.I also have lead in the front of the sponsons held in by floation as has been mentioned.

I was more than curious about Shann Harrison's comment about using a gyro and servo to control the carnard pitch.I met one the guys from Michigan at the 06 Spring Nats in Atlanta who was experimenting with the same thing,but never heard any results. If Shann sees this could you share your results? If Mike from Michigan finished his boat could he also comment?

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville Tn.

Back