Scale Boat question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM MOORE

Guys im considering building a scale boat, who has good boat kits glass or wood other than dumas?

Thanks Tom.

Tom, In addition to the 4 different hulls that Phil Thomas produces, you might also have a look at www.stevemuckrcboats.com -- he offers a epoxy glass hull that will make Master Hull Roster (MHR) 7402 74-76 U-2 Miss US, and MHR7455 74 and 75 U-55 Lincoln Thrift. Henry Velasco has an Epoxy glass hull that will make MHR 7704 U-4/U-21 hulls. U-4s were V-8 powered and have full cowls, U-21s were Allison powered and ran with exposed engine --no full cowl. Henrys hull will also make U-64 Squire Shop. I believe Henry can provide sponson tip extensions to make his hull legal as U-64. Go to www.namba19.com site and click on Velasco Hulls on opening page. Any preference of hull style you're looking for. I would recommend you stay away from the Dumas kits. There are lots of better choices out there, the Dumas kits take liberties with the Master Hull Roster measurements, and that Luan plywood will make you feel like a pin cushion. There are plans available for a wide variety of wood hulls from www.newtonmarine.com. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bob, havent seen or heard from you in along time. How are you doing down there in TX? Hope all is well and its good to see your still into boating!

Ron

Henry Velasco has an Epoxy glass hull that will make MHR 7704 U-4/U-21 hulls. U-4s were V-8 powered and have full cowls, U-21s were Allison powered and ran with exposed engine --no full cowl. Henrys hull will also make U-64 Squire Shop. I believe Henry can provide sponson tip extensions to make his hull legal as U-64. Go to www.namba19.com site and click on Velasco Hulls on opening page.
Henry V. also has a new cowl so you build the 7207, 7474 Jones hulls. I have one and plan on making the Olympia Beer. The quality of his boats are very good!

Henry Velasco has an Epoxy glass hull that will make MHR 7704 U-4/U-21 hulls. U-4s were V-8 powered and have full cowls, U-21s were Allison powered and ran with exposed engine --no full cowl. Henrys hull will also make U-64 Squire Shop. I believe Henry can provide sponson tip extensions to make his hull legal as U-64. Go to www.namba19.com site and click on Velasco Hulls on opening page.

Henry V. also has a new cowl so you build the 7207, 7474 Jones hulls. I have one and plan on making the Olympia Beer. The quality of his boats are very good!

Hey Glenn, have you measured Henry's hull to comply with 7207/7474 MHR specs. Henry sent a Friend in Florida additional lengths of sponson tips to be added to hull as it came out of the mold, so the hull would measure correctly for 1978 U-64 Squire Shop. Would like to see pics of the hull with new cowl if you get a chance. Nice to have another option available for Scale boaters that like Glass hulls --- The more the better!!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Latest posts

Back