SAW Elizabeth City, N.C.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the info Kentley sent me to post as he is out of town on business-

Kentley Porter

Sport 21 Hydro record 71.315 fastest pass 76.53 Whiplash boat, Oz-Spec prop and engine

C Hydro record 99.07 fastest pass 99.91 K-ZAM boat, Orlic engine, Andy Brown prop

Sport 21 Tunnel record 60.67 fastest pass 60.94

B Hydro fastest pass 100.3 K-ZAM boat, new Orlic RB engine, Andy Brown prop

Steve Speas

XLS 36 cat record 74.013 fastest pass 75.45 CC/SS engine, Prop Works prop

LS 36 cat record 73.553 fastest pass 73.794 CY engine, Prop Works prop

John Finch

Gas Sport Hydro record 90.652 fastest pass 91.61 Whiplash boat, CC Racing engine, Prop Works prop

Jimmy Johnson

D o/b Tunnel fastest pass 80.81 AfterShock hull CMB engine, props he modded.

Steve Sutton

Made many passes close to record speeds but I think he used up all his good karma when his snagged 4 oval records 2 weeks ago.

Preston Hall

Had too much h.p. for his cat and couldn't keep it on the water.

Don Ferrette

Twin fastest pass 110.40 Eagle SGX, MAC 84 engines, Oz-Spec props

I sheared off another rudder blade on the twin during a pass trashing the props (fortunately not the boat like last time) so I'll need to come up with something different for a rudder set up.

And special thanks to Jim Skelton who was the "clockmaster" at the timing console darn near all weekend, awesome job Jim!! I'll get pics in the gallery that KP sent me later today. :)
Hey Don you guys keep talking about "Oz-Spec props"what type make of props

are they and where can anyone get some?? Congrats to all of you on the records.

Thanks. nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a couple video clips from the event, pics to be posted later today. B)

21 Whiplash record run

B)

Here's a couple video clips from the event, pics to be posted later today. B)

21 Whiplash record run

I wish we had a video of the 110 mph pass with Don Ferrette's twin. It sounded awesome!

Thanks to Carlo at CC racing, Butch the boat man, Bob Austin at Prop works, Brian at Blazer Marine, and all the manufacturers that help make it happen. Record trials can be really rewarding when everyone puts their heads together. Thanks Steve Sutton for the prop that you gave me that took the record to the next level, Jim for all the support on the timing equipment all weekend, Don for being there and taking one for the team with each boat launch that got you wet, KP for pulling it all together with the timing equipment and the sanction, etc etc etc. You might see one name on a record certificate but you can be assured that name had a lot of help! It's a team effort, and it's a lot more fun being on a team and sharing victories than standing alone with no one to celebrate with. Go team! And thanks for all the help!!!!!

Don,

Nice videos sounds like Preston in the back ground? I think he took most of the video footage. I like John wished he had gotten some video of your twin cause it was wicked sounding and was fast as a bat out of H#!!. Looking forward to getting together with all of the crew next year for another crack at the record trails. I think on the whole we all did pretty well this year and Kentley was awesome for putting the two events together thanks again KP.

Don,

Nice videos sounds like Preston in the back ground? I think he took most of the video footage. I like John wished he had gotten some video of your twin cause it was wicked sounding and was fast as a bat out of H#!!. Looking forward to getting together with all of the crew next year for another crack at the record trails. I think on the whole we all did pretty well this year and Kentley was awesome for putting the two events together thanks again KP.
Yeah the twin does sound sweet at 110. We'll get some good vids next time when it hits 115, already making some changes to see that we get it there. Here is a link to the pics Kentley sent and asked me to post up for him- https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1086

B)

Don,

Yeah the twin does sound sweet at 110. We'll get some good vids next time when it hits 115, already making some changes to see that we get it there. Here is a link to the pics Kentley sent and asked me to post up for him- https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1086

B)
Don,

The captions and pictures were great! funny as all get out, really made my day looking at and reading them. As Finch would say "You Da Man".

Don,

B)

Great shots!

Congrats guys. WELL DONE Don, like Charlie said another overnight success :lol: :lol: :lol:

DON :)

Back