SAW Elizabeth City, N.C.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got to run about 45 min this evening. Finch got the Sport Hydro Gas "Whiplash" record at 91+- MPH. Speas got the gas cat XLS 3? record to 72+-. Tomorrow looks nice...

We got to run about 45 min this evening. Finch got the Sport Hydro Gas "Whiplash" record at 91+- MPH. Speas got the gas cat XLS 3? record to 72+-. Tomorrow looks nice...
Congrats to John and Steve. Don, make those needles work on the twin!!! Kently, thanks for update. B) B)

Congrats to KP,

set new sport 20 record today about 72mph+, fast pass 76mph+

more to come tomorrow...

regards Aaron

Kentley

set new sport 20 outboard today

new C hydro

and made several pass's 100mph+ with his 21 outrigger,

Don went 110mph+ with his twin..

not sure on all details, Kentley will post results

regards Aaron

john got his 90 mph sport patch!!!! kently went over 100 mph with his 20 rigger!!!!i ended up with xls 36 cat, fast pass 75.452 old record 55 mph, dont ask me my!, zen crank case,cy crank,cc racing rcmk piston and cyl, stock 257 carb. and ls 36 cat fast pass 73.794 all cy engine. z rc intake, stock 257 carb and all my own modifications...both with my old beat up aeromarine avenger :D

john got his 90 mph sport patch!!!! kently went over 100 mph with his 20 rigger!!!!i ended up with xls 36 cat, fast pass 75.452 old record 55 mph, dont ask me my!, zen crank case,cy crank,cc racing rcmk piston and cyl, stock 257 carb. and ls 36 cat fast pass 73.794 all cy engine. z rc intake, stock 257 carb and all my own modifications...both with my old beat up aeromarine avenger :D

Hi Steve,

You are an animal :) :) :)

Bob

Hi Steve,

You are an animal :) :) :)

Bob
GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR :angry:

how many laps you reckon that boat has on it steve? ****, kentley, that's cookin' for a .21 rigger!! not to mention 2 other sport .21's over 70 mph. when you run a race in impba d-12, you better bring your A game B) . proud to be in the district with you guys, congrats.

Here's the info Kentley sent me to post as he is out of town on business-

Kentley Porter

Sport 21 Hydro record 71.315 fastest pass 76.53 Whiplash boat, Oz-Spec prop and engine

C Hydro record 99.07 fastest pass 99.91 K-ZAM boat, Orlic engine, Andy Brown prop

Sport 21 Tunnel record 60.67 fastest pass 60.94

B Hydro fastest pass 100.3 K-ZAM boat, new Orlic RB engine, Andy Brown prop

Steve Speas

XLS 36 cat record 74.013 fastest pass 75.45 CC/SS engine, Prop Works prop

LS 36 cat record 73.553 fastest pass 73.794 CY engine, Prop Works prop

John Finch

Gas Sport Hydro record 90.652 fastest pass 91.61 Whiplash boat, CC Racing engine, Prop Works prop

Jimmy Johnson

D o/b Tunnel fastest pass 80.81 AfterShock hull CMB engine, props he modded.

Steve Sutton

Made many passes close to record speeds but I think he used up all his good karma when his snagged 4 oval records 2 weeks ago.

Preston Hall

Had too much h.p. for his cat and couldn't keep it on the water.

Don Ferrette

Twin fastest pass 110.40 Eagle SGX, MAC 84 engines, Oz-Spec props

I sheared off another rudder blade on the twin during a pass trashing the props (fortunately not the boat like last time) so I'll need to come up with something different for a rudder set up.

And special thanks to Jim Skelton who was the "clockmaster" at the timing console darn near all weekend, awesome job Jim!! I'll get pics in the gallery that KP sent me later today. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats guys on the new records. Looks like you got some decent water.

Don, That twin must sound sweet at 110!!! any vids

Mike

Here's the info Kentley sent me to post as he is out of town on business-

Kentley Porter

Sport 21 Hydro record 71.315 fastest pass 76.53 Whiplash boat, Oz-Spec prop and engine

C Hydro record 99.07 fastest pass 99.91 K-ZAM boat, Orlic engine, Andy Brown prop

Sport 21 Tunnel record 60.67 fastest pass 60.94

B Hydro fastest pass 100.3 K-ZAM boat, new Orlic RB engine, Andy Brown prop

Steve Speas

XLS 36 cat record 74.013 fastest pass 75.45 CC/SS engine, Prop Works prop

LS 36 cat record 73.553 fastest pass 73.794 CY engine, Prop Works prop

John Finch

Gas Sport Hydro record 90.652 fastest pass 91.61 Whiplash boat, CC Racing engine, Prop Works prop

Jimmy Johnson

D o/b Tunnel fastest pass 80.81 AfterShock hull CMB engine, props he modded.

Steve Sutton

Made many passes close to record speeds but I think he used up all his good karma when his snagged 4 oval records 2 weeks ago.

Preston Hall

Had too much h.p. for his cat and couldn't keep it on the water.

Don Ferrette

Twin fastest pass 110.40 Eagle SGX, MAC 84 engines, Oz-Spec props

I sheared off another rudder blade on the twin during a pass trashing the props (fortunately not the boat like last time) so I'll need to come up with something different for a rudder set up.

And special thanks to Jim Skelton who was the "clockmaster" at the timing console darn near all weekend, awesome job Jim!! I'll get pics in the gallery that KP sent me later today. :)
Congrats to all of the record setters this last weekend. Some good weather some fast boats = lots of fun. I really enjoyed the weekend even though I could not get to the mark needed. I am truly amazed every time I watch Kentley Porter set up for a record trails this guy is really on his game when it comes to the records trails end of the hobby. When you watch him in action you can see why he holds so many records in the B & C engine classes. When you put him together with John Finch at a record trails the water is going to get burnt up thats for sure. John has just kept moving the mark up in the LS27 Gas Sport Hydro Class and I don't think he is close to being done yet. Don your twin rigger was awesome and I know once you get the rudder issue fixed the 115mph mark is going to be met, the boat was awesome. Jim Johnson has the fastest 40 OB tunnel I have ever seen that thing was blistering fast at just over 80mph in that one way pass, to bad Jim the boat flipped and got some damage as I think you could have set the record. Steve Speas well I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it!! using and old Aeromarine Aveneger hull that looked like it had been thru a war to set two new records in LS36 & XLS36 Gas Cat and both well into the 70+ mph mark. Good thing I had those special Bob Austin Prop Works Props to push that big sled. Prop Works props were used to set all of the gas class records taken at the event in Elizabeth City NC this last weekend. Mr. Austin really knows his stuff when it comes to making a great gas boat prop. Jim Skelton what can I say but thanks for all your hard work in running the timing equipment as well as the retrieve boat this last weekend you are a great guy as well as friend, thanks again. Look forward to next seasons Record Trails events and hope to see most of you back again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back