SANYO Eneloop batteries - worth the extras $$?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Looking to replace packs in my boats (I do this every few seasons) and while on the Batteries America web site I came across the SANYO Eneloop cells. These are said to have no memory, stay charged while in storage and handle fast charging without issue. Does anyone have any experience with these cells as I'd like some feedback to see if the $37.95 per pack (6.0V 2550mah) cost is worth it over the normal SANYO NiMH (6.0V 2700mah) packs at $29.95 each. I've had great luck with the regular SANYO NiMH cells in the past and I need to buy seven packs so we are talking over $50 extra on the Eneloop cells. Any input positive or negative will be greatly appreciated.

If your going to stay NiMh the eneloops are the only way to go. Costco in the US usually has decent prices

Life 3rd. All the way

I had enloops junk got reversed and never would come back.

Hobby king for life packs. Cheap they work. Done deal don

I ran the LiFe packs last year and while they worked well I run both nitro and hi volt FE so my two Hyperion balancing chargers are often tied up on the big 4 and 5S packs (LiFe packs should be balance charged just like LiPo packs) as well as the packs for my nitro starter. I have bought my NiMH packs from Batteries America for years and have never had one of their packs fail and the customer service has been excellent (yo Marty they have better prices than maxxpacks) so I'm going back to NiMH for all my RX packs which will let me go to my Accu-Cycle charger for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is because your prioritys are messed up don[emoji13]

All kidding I never liked the enloops. Had a hard time taking initial charge and after a few cycles they went wacko

Ya they wouldn't take charge hook up a charger said voltage to high even though they was dead

I have used a enloop 4 cell in my 20 mono not sure when i put it in there, at least 2 years. It is charged with regular charger and put on a trickle. The enloop are suppose to not self discharge, I have left it off trickle all winter and it still good voltage.

I have some at work. Charged them up last summer for use in a test project, used them for 10 minutes, removed them. Grabbed them a week ago to test a different project and they still had juice. Impressive? Not really, but they worked for my application.

Chris would run his Rx off of nitro if anyone comes out with the option.

Thanks for the feedback folks!
default_smile.png

Just make sure the cells are made in Japan. I've had bad luck with ones made in China, even name-brand.

Ya they wouldn't take charge hook up a charger said voltage to high even though they was dead
if you had a cell reverse, then it was discharged too deeply.

Eneloop Ni-MH "Low Self Discharge" batteries utilize Panasonic's advanced rechargeable battery technology allowing them to be recharged up to 2100 times. Eneloop battery cells deliver consistent power performance, ... Full Description
Dell Price
spacer.gif
$18.99
From Dell.com not sanyo

Do not use the panasonic's but use the eneloop. The eneloops are the better ones .

Latest posts

Back