riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayer

hey all

this post is pointed more to the aussies

how much am i looking at in buying a rigger

Slayer

Hi Slayer

I depends on what you want

if you want new it can start from $400.00 Aus. and go up from there.

ozzy ;D ;D

dam why r riggers so expensive for really what they are

thx ozzy for the prices as well so whats a rigger worth second havd then

Riggers are expensive because they are labour intensive to build. Fibreglass boats really only need the labour of the layup once the mould is made so you can recoup your original mould making labour time over a number of boats. Riggers are all assembled from ply and in some cases composites (read carbon fibre etc) so they take quite a lot of time and expertise to build. And there are no shortcuts you can take because the riggers are subjected to greater forces than other boats.

EMS Racing Speed costs dollars.... so does going fast

Oh and second hand riggers are not going to be cheap either ...

Once you add the price of the running gear and other odds and sods the whole package has cost a lot more $$$$ Yes it may in the long run be cheaper to buy a running 2nd hand rigger but your purchase price for anything decent will still be well over AUD$1000 with engine. For instance my X Rigger at $1200 I think is pretty much a bargain when you consider the motor and pipe alone would cost you $800 (and the engine has had less than an hour of running time) To build that boat from scratch I dont think you would have much change from $2,000.

EMS Racing FSR-T Multi boats were cheap!!! (non Aussies may not get that one)

Why don't you attempt to build one yourself, will save big $$$ and is fun to do. Nobody expects you to build one in the design and quality like MikeP has build.

There's a Swedish site with free drawings. Do a google search with plan rigger or something like that and I'm sure you'll find something

year i wanna build a little 1 for my os .15 motor. Just a starting piont :-. Mabe a 45 for seconds.

Davo 8)

You know I may even have some timber cut out for some Stinger boats.... may be a starting point.. :)

EMS Racing Full of surprises

thx Saugling thats a start

and not sounding sill craig but whats a stinger (remember im a newbie at this )

mick

oopsy...

Stinger Hydros were the boat of the 90s... basically won just about everything!!! The manufacturer is no longer in boats and I bought all his boat gear... which is why I have so many odds and ends!!! It is taking me some time just to sort out what I really have!!!! So there is a lot of timber cut out for a production run of these boats... just needs some enthusiasm from someone...

(Did I hear Nitrocrazed was spending a few months in Victoria?? LOL)

EMS Racing Help wanted enquire within

Craig,

I dont have enough cold/wet weather clothing to live in Victoria! :p

But I am coming over to race in October, so maybe you should bring out some of the bits and we can work something out. I think with a bit of development a Stinger II (SG Stinger?) could be a top race boat!

We could always talk to Ozzy about kitting them, he builds for good prices! ;D

Nitrocrazed racing: So many projects...

I have timber cut out for various Stinger boats, but nowhere near kits.

Stinger SG is a nice idea but I dont think I seriously have the time to do what I want with developing a new boat. Maybe look forward to my retirement for that one!!!

I think any new boat really needs serious composite work to be a real winner or it is just going to be another rigger. Keeping them light is the main limiting factor in getting them going REEEEELY Fast. But then again, weight in an oval race boat isnt such a bad thing all the time......

EMS Racing Too much theory, not enough practice

Is anyone besides myself having problems downloading the hydro95 off of the sweden site. Tring to download to dwf-cad and all im getting is a gray screen. Would be gateful if anyone can help and tell me what this _____ computer and i are doing wrong. Thanks again.

it's a .plt type of file. i believe you need AutoCAD to open that file type. not 100% sure though ???

The drawings is in AutoCad format.

I used to race the Scorpion 45 for some years (96-99) and if you build it after the plan you will get a boat that is VERY easy to drive for a beginner.

Anders

View attachment 604

Back