Reciever packs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_Nelsen

Getting back into nitro boats and wondering what the latest and great receivers packs people are using?

Thanks

Brian are you still located in MN? If so have you been to the pond or are you coming back to racing? I have met so many people at the pond it is hard to remember who I have met!

Brian are you still located in MN? If so have you been to the pond or are you coming back to racing? I have met so many people at the pond it is hard to remember who I have met!
Not sure how much racing I will do this season, I am an all or nothing kind of guy and getting back into racing requires lots of pit supplies and equipment so. I want to get back to running with my grand sons at the pond in eagan unless I can find a suitable one elsewhere. Tunnels hulls at first a stock 3.5, then PSpec and mod 3.5, I am resurrecting my own 7.5 engines that I have made in the past so eventually I will run in that class. It will take some time to get fully involved.

I am sure we have not met.

Not sure how much racing I will do this season, I am an all or nothing kind of guy and getting back into racing requires lots of pit supplies and equipment so. I want to get back to running with my grand sons at the pond in eagan unless I can find a suitable one elsewhere. Tunnels hulls at first a stock 3.5, then PSpec and mod 3.5, I am resurrecting my own 7.5 engines that I have made in the past so eventually I will run in that class. It will take some time to get fully involved.

Nice! Welcome back Brian

Nice! Welcome back Brian
Hey Greg, Hope to see yah sometime this summer

But going to try a 200 mah pack soon. :)
You might give these a look:

http://www.horizonho...ch-1-12-DYN1418

I've used them for a bit now and they hold up well. Have a built-in on/off switch also, though I'm not sure how useful that is for you Nitro guys. For my FE stuff, I like not having to include an additional on/off switch, so it is a nice feature.

DYN1418_a0.jpg

Personally, I would only run the 200 mah packs if you need the small physical size. I run one in my Zippkit .12 rigger and while it lasts a few heats, it will get down there if you are dead in the water and it takes a while for your boat to get picked up. Amazing how much current is slowly drawn with the boat just sitting.

Be careful with 6.6 volt lfe packs. The futaba fhss reciever that I use will only accept 4-6 volts and the status led will lit up red and green win a plug my fully charged 1000mah 6.6v life batt into it. The manual states not to exceed 6volt or could damage reciever. I guess I need a regulator...lol With the red and green led on it will not repond. I can plug a 4cell AA battery pack in and no problems?

Personally, I would only run the 200 mah packs if you need the small physical size. I run one in my Zippkit .12 rigger and while it lasts a few heats, it will get down there if you are dead in the water and it takes a while for your boat to get picked up. Amazing how much current is slowly drawn with the boat just sitting.
The definitely need to be charged during the day. These have a separate charging lead, so that's pretty easily accomplished, and LiFE charges very quickly. For small stuff, I think the weight savings is worth the hassle...

Be careful with 6.6 volt lfe packs. The futaba fhss reciever that I use will only accept 4-6 volts and the status led will lit up red and green win a plug my fully charged 1000mah 6.6v life batt into it. The manual states not to exceed 6volt or could damage reciever. I guess I need a regulator...lol With the red and green led on it will not repond. I can plug a 4cell AA battery pack in and no problems?
My Spektrum RX's will handle the voltage, but the standard LV servos won't, so I added a VR in line... I used this one: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/vr5203-dual-output-regulator-SPMVR5203

Last edited by a moderator:
My 4pl rx R2104 gf will handle 3.5 thro 8.4 volts.In my rock crawler i run it at 7.4 volts on a bec with a hitec rcd-m7990 servo.in my boat i run it with a life pack no vr with savox servos no poblem.

Latest posts

Back