reciever balloons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Corrtion-X remember a balloon not only trys to keep water out but it also keeps it in . If your having water problems then you need to work on your radio box more as it should not get wet at all on the inside .

I keep same sponges in the bottom just in case but the best way to keep radio dry is to not let woater in the radio box in the first place spend more time fixxing your radio box and less time tring to find balloons .. Scott

What happens if you get hit by a boat and it opens the radio box your system gets wet then what best thing to do is protect yourself in every way you can.

What happens if you get hit by a boat and it opens the radio box your system gets wet then what best thing to do is protect yourself in every way you can.
Whats to say the balloon is gonna stop the water from getting to the reciever anyway though? Like mentioned before... i watched a friends boat run into the bank because water got in the box, and in the balloon soaking the reciever.

I had a water line break inside the radio box in my rigger, and while running it completely filled the box to the lid with water. Took the lid off, let all the water out, shook the reciever a few times and was running again. Left my cat out on the dock one day while it was POURING and forgot i only had two little pieces of tape holding the radio box lid on... filled the radio box up to the lid. Burnt out the throttle servo, but once again shook the reciever a couple times and it was working as usual. And both boats have the recievers completely in the open. Corosion X and dielectric grease is a wonderful thing :)

It just amazes me that because others don't follow your particular regimen for radio box sealing, it becomes not a good idea!!!!

All someone was asking for is were to find good quality ballons, and there is a lot of folks that are quick to tell him its not a good idea to wrap his receivers in one.

After more than 20 years of running boats, I wouldn't do it any other way.

If you like to have water cooled receivers, thats fine, do it your way, but don't tell me my way is wrong.

Thank you, and have a nice day

Rick

Latest posts

Back