"ReBorn " Jaguar 80 Twin III

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLAN YUEN

I still work restore on my Jaguar 80 Twin III changed Modded Front & Rear sponsons and cut front tub then glued front" bullet" nose block. I look better much
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Any pics Allan?? I have a jag|| I just put a fresh mac.67 in thats been setting around I want to run this season..

Will brush sealed on sponsons and I still wait for C/F cowl . I will paint yellow on April

wow, that's a very nice twin Allan.

What size flex-shafts are you using? 3/16in? 1/4in?

What about stub shaft? 3/16in? 1/4in?
use 1/4 in and full 1/4 stub for Prop ABC H-48s
I see, thanks.

Yeah, I'm setting-up a new 67/80 outrigger, I'm contemplating whether to use .250dia flex-cable w/.250dia stub-shaft all the way through? Or .250dia flex-cable w/.250dia step-down-to .187dia stub-shaft?

I already have custom-made .250dia Hughey flex-shafts with under-water Octura Flex Ferrule welded to one end (.250dia flex-cable to .187dia stub-shaft). I'm not sure if problems using under-water ferrule? Or just better and cleaner having normal flex-shaft (welded directly to stub-shaft)? I hear ferrule provides security if flex-shaft snaps. But I'm thinking .250dia flex-shaft should be strong?

Straight quarter flex shafts. Rarely break. You will hear the shaft howling before they break.

wow, that's a very nice twin Allan.

What size flex-shafts are you using? 3/16in? 1/4in?

What about stub shaft? 3/16in? 1/4in?
use 1/4 in and full 1/4 stub for Prop ABC H-48s
I see, thanks.

Yeah, I'm setting-up a new 67/80 outrigger, I'm contemplating whether to use .250dia flex-cable w/.250dia stub-shaft all the way through? Or .250dia flex-cable w/.250dia step-down-to .187dia stub-shaft?

I already have custom-made .250dia Hughey flex-shafts with under-water Octura Flex Ferrule welded to one end (.250dia flex-cable to .187dia stub-shaft). I'm not sure if problems using under-water ferrule? Or just better and cleaner having normal flex-shaft (welded directly to stub-shaft)? I hear ferrule provides security if flex-shaft snaps. But I'm thinking .250dia flex-shaft should be strong?
Of course strong good enough but depend your size engine .67 engine use .250 flex cable step down to .187 stub reason any size props another .80 to up engine use full .250 only big size props

Great looking boat Allan. The step down shaft works well on 67 riggers. the h-32 is 3/16 diameter. 80 boat like the h-48 or 1667 cut down to 64mm. Both of those props are .250

Back