rear sponsons?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B

should i build the rear sponsons on my lobster?i built the hull already but without the rear sponsons,now i'm thinking they might be a good idea-i know a little late but i could still make it work,is it worth it? :huh:

should i build the rear sponsons on my lobster?i built the hull already but without the rear sponsons,now i'm thinking they might be a good idea-i know a little late but i could still make it work,is it worth it? :huh:
I ran the rears on my Winston lobster when I had it. Tried it once without & didn't like it, got up on plane quicker & cornered better with the rear sponsons on. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran the rears on my Winston lobster when I had it. Tried it once without & didn't like it, got up on plane quicker & cornered better with the rear sponsons on. :)
Rears for sure,that boat will run great with them on. Most modern boats work much better with shoes and you will want the extra floatation it provides. Without them if the boat dies its going to sink the rear too much

Big advantage in cornering, and the boat won't drop its tail and fly when you jump out of the throttle. I believe the Lobster boat was raced both ways. I'm pretty sure there are pictures to support that.

Big advantage in cornering, and the boat won't drop its tail and fly when you jump out of the throttle. I believe the Lobster boat was raced both ways. I'm pretty sure there are pictures to support that.
thanks for input, i'll put them on. ;) does anyone have any pics of the full size with them on,i have pics of the lobster but without the rears.

thanks for input, i'll put them on. ;) does anyone have any pics of the full size with them on,i have pics of the lobster but without the rears.
Anything in particular you'd like? I have a few. :)

those pics are great,sure i would like to have some more if you guys have any...maybe canopy details,uprights,whatever,thanks!

Back