Really fast airboats???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No.no secrets :D

I guess they have moved/deleted the video and pictures.

If I remeber correct, they used only OS engines. And the flex was about 3,2 mm 1/8 inch.

Look at the 3.5/.21 hydro record 184 kmh 114mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Glenn

Is this the boats you were looking for.

Ivy McNeil

JapBoat3.jpg

JapBoat1.jpg

JapBoat2.jpg

Ivy, yes I think this is what I am looking for! Years ago I remember seeing a small picture in a mag that looked kinda like the first boat in your post. Jason is looking for a new project and I tried to describe what I had seen years ago. They look like they would be fast fun!

Thanks again,

Glenn

This probably isn't the place to ask...but why not...

Didn't those props all appear to be @ 5-6"? Seems to be a weird size. 8 or so inches is what I've found as far as .20 size pylon props, and, to get any real pitch it looks like you'd need a 9" (based on what I've seen). Some of those props even looked like 1/2A size. If anyone is a combo boat/plane guru...I could use some help. I'm using a .21 Nova Rossi on a hull that's in between the size of a .21 SAW and heat racer. At 25,000 RPM you would get 189.6mph from 8" of pitch (calculated...no slip). I know that is not realistic, but it's awesome anyway.

Jason

Most brands of plane props come in various pitches for a given diameter.

And FWIW...high end pylon racers are doing 150+ mph.

Back