Race Results/ Jackson Ms.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htbboats

This past weekend the Jackson Ms club hosted there first race. The last report I heard there were 140 boats there! They have a great site developing with the help of the Holmes County State Park. The lake is just the right size as to not get very rough and is protected by a lot of trees. While the parking is a little tight they are working on that problem.

Now on to the results!

In the 20 mod class Ernie Lefluer took 1st place. He is running a HTB 290 with a Nova Rossi Long Stroke. Tom Moore from our Jackson Tn club took second with his HTB 290 powered by a Nova Rossi Short Stroke. Just runs like a Long Stroke. 3rd place was taken by Steve Ecuyer, HTB 290 and again the Rossi Long Stroke.

In the 40 tunnel class it was again Ernie Lafluer taking 1st place with his HTB 360 and his own version of a CMB conversion. I managed to take 2nd place with my Rossi 45 powered HTB 360 and Lynn Cooper took 3rd.

In the open tunnel class, yep! Ernie Lafluer took 1st, Chris Huff took 2nd, with his HTB 290! and I got 3rd.

This was the first time that I got to meet Ernie Lafluer and see his boats run. I have talked to him many times on the phone and we have become good friends. I have been told when he shows up at a race the rest of the field is running for second place and boy was that true this weekend! He along with this friend Mike Sandifer and Mike's son Cody entered in eleven classes and took 1st place in every class! He is really on top of the game.

Mark Hopper/ HTB BOATS

Mark, youre right I got to see this first hand in Valdosta, The man is EXTREMELY consistant. even with the challenging twin class. Congrats to Ernie.

~ James

Latest posts

Back