Questio about 2.4 ghz radio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

I never have gotten a good feel for the wheel and trigger type radios.

Can anyone recommend a good stick type radio, or can a 2.4 ghz aircraft radio be used in a boat ?

Thanks.

Futaba 7C is a great choice...I have 5..... http://www.futaba-rc...s/futk7000.html I use them in all my boats and aircraft. The 7C has a variable rate knob which I use for mixture control.....

Yes, as long as its on 2.4, you can use any system......

Last edited by a moderator:
If I use the aircraft radio, in a boat, will the range between the Tx and Rx be adequate ? I know there has to be some difference using an aircraft radio at surface level. Thanks Guys.

The 7C comes with the 617FS receiver which has dual antennas, never an issue with range with both antennas inside the radio box. I've ran these for the last 5 years in all my scales, riggers and monos......

Not sure about the single antenna receivers as I have never used them. No more antenna tubes sticking up.....check out the bardahl below, antennas in the box under the rear cowl.....

If I use the aircraft radio, in a boat, will the range between the Tx and Rx be adequate ? I know there has to be some difference using an aircraft radio at surface level. Thanks Guys.
Mark,

there's no difference in range from Air to ground radios with Futaba.

g

Rob,any issues with having both antennas inside the radio box under carbon fibre?
Have a carbon lid on the radio box of the speedmaster mono, won the district championship last year.....no issues. Not something I would run normally as I don't see an advantage with a carbon lid on a model boat..... I use wood normally but that top was already on that little boat.....

Back