pull start for .21 picco marine???... also, project update: Project Lemon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shnick

is a pull start worth it?

i have a light boat, so i decided i could go with a little excess weight...

who makes them, who sells them, and what other parts am i gonna need?

Update: All is well, waiting on parts from Aeromarine Laminates...

I'm having concerns over the servo size for steering, (any ideas guys?) Boat is 29.5", a little over 2.75 lbs. Tank is a 8oz Sullivan, radio box home made.

Right now i have a futaba s3003, throttle is a traxxas 2018. foam is installed, chopped up a $1.25 foam pool toy, lightweight and wont absorb a drop of water.

(In the past, I've had trouble with canned foam, it has secondary expansion when the sun heats the boat up... Result: hull split wide open!!)

Found an engine on EBAY, good runner, .21 Picco.

More pics coming...

Thanks, Shnick ;D

Re:pull start for .21 picco marine... also, project update: Project Lemon

another pic

Re:pull start for .21 picco marine... also, project update: Project Lemon

and another...

Hey Shnick,

I dont think you can do a pullstarter on that, Your going to have to check the crank end to see if you have the little end on crank to accept the pullstart shaft.

and if you do have it, im sure most LHS would have them, or can get it.

and as far as the servos, I would go with a high torque one, get a GOOD Servo, I have a JR Z590M in my 30 inch Seaducer and it works great.

Very Nice boat! As far as the steering servo, I went to the different makes web sites (Futaba, Hitech, etc) & looked up the torques specs in the size range I was wanting, & got the one with the highest rating. I know this isn't very specific, but I hope it helps anyways? :-

It looks like somebody did some cobbling to make a rudder hinge. Is that a strut up there? I don't trust the 3003 servo in anything, I've had a few and wouldn't give you a Buck for a Truckload! Too many problems with them. I use the Hi-Tec 615 MG in my boats, no longer made but upgraded to the 645 for steering.

It is about impossiblr to put a pull starter on an engine with front exhaust, the pipe will be in the way. You can buy an elecric starter for the same price as a pull starter.

If you are using a Fun-Noodle in your boat, I've heard that they will absorb water to an extent unless you seal the ends by heating it with a propane torch briefly.

Back