• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PROPS4U

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

The key word with regards to getting props is PATIENCE! I have had long talks with both Mark and Andy about what happens in the prop pipeline that many of you do not see. So some insight for you, just a glance, to understand what they go through for all of us:

1. They may have the prop in hand to work, if not,

2. They have to order it. If it is not in stock it is backordered. The prop (could be only 1 desired) has to wait until a production run of that specific prop is made. That could be 4-8 weeks or more. Or a mimimum quantity placed to do a production run. Mark has done that on several occasions just to get props for customers. Imagine getting 25 props made when you only need 3 for a customer order! Can you spell OVERSTOCK?

3. After the wait the prop comes in. Andy and Mark normally have 50-100 props on order at any given time. At best about 6 custom props a day is about a person's limit. Count the days.

4. Do they have other work to do? You bet! Andy has more things than you can count on ten hands. He has a prop tech and a very good one. Mark is a top notch HVAC Tech. Both full time jobs.

5. Sometimes the wait has been so long for me, through no fault of theirs (# 2 above), I have searched hobby shops, other guys, etc., and found a new bagged prop, sent to them and they have finished it for me. Only way I could get the prop.

Starting to get the picture? It takes a lot of time to get you a finished prop. I finish a lot of props myself and have used both CMDi and Mark and will continue to use them in the future. I know the vast quantities of work it takes to get a top notch prop to each of us. Both have supported me and the CMB Boat Club beyond my expectations. Give them a break as they continue to kill themselves for us all. A lot of you don't take the time to look inside the cover to find out what really happens to make things work with this hobby. You would be amazed.

Last edited by a moderator:
John

Thanks for the good explanation.

I just received a couple of new props from Mark. Haven't tried them yet, but they are really very nice.

I am also still waiting for the famous 1440, but hey, it's worth it. He supplied me always with good props, someting I cannot do myself.

Ronald.

John

Thanks for the good explanation.

I just received a couple of new props from Mark. Haven't tried them yet, but they are really very nice.

I am also still waiting for the famous 1440, but hey, it's worth it. He supplied me always with good props, someting I cannot do myself.

Ronald.
Ronald,

You'll be happy with his x1440 cut back. At the race today, everyone was commenting on how fast my Sprint was. Someone even joked that there needs to be a tear down rule since it was running away from everyone. Go right ahead and tear it down, it's a stock SS motor. Speed was all prop. I'm happy with the props I've gotten from Mark...

Mark & I have done business many times. When I put in an order its usually a couple hundred dollars worth at least. The way it works is simple: I'll put in my order, knowing that most likely they're not in stock so it'll take a few months to arrive. When they do, he emails me the total & his money is in the mail. He usually trusts most of his customers enough to ship before payment has even arrived. How many do that? & I'll be straight with you, I'm not one of them unless we have a history.

Mark old boy, I've got your back as do a lot of others here. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call.

Jamie

Props do grow on trees !!!!! :D :p

Just takes a bit of preperation to get them to grow!! Inject wax leaves and branches, attach

branches to trunk, plant in heat resistant soil, add heat until soil is nice warm glowing colour,

Water with molten bronze until full.

TA DAA !! one bronze prop tree. :p

Not sure which genes to modify to get them to flower sharp and balanced tho.

Ken

PS i have seen some of Marks props too, very nice!!

I found out a few years ago from a prop god how to make the tree have S/B props. You have to take special care and prune the tree so the tree dosen't come unbalanced this is how u get the prop balanced. Know for sharpness you always use sharp pruning scissors. I have been using this method for years and have one every race I have entered.

Also, if you contact me via IW for 19.95 I can send you the detail instruction on how this amazing process is done. Do you want to win all races?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Props do grow on trees !!!!! :D :p

Just takes a bit of preperation to get them to grow!! Inject wax leaves and branches, attach

branches to trunk, plant in heat resistant soil, add heat until soil is nice warm glowing colour,

Water with molten bronze until full.

TA DAA !! one bronze prop tree. :p

Not sure which genes to modify to get them to flower sharp and balanced tho.

Ken

PS i have seen some of Marks props too, very nice!!

I found out a few years ago from a prop god how to make the tree have S/B props. You have to take special care and prune the tree so the tree dosen't come unbalanced this is how u get the prop balanced. Know for sharpness you always use sharp pruning scissors. I have been using this method for years and have one every race I have entered.

Also, if you contact me via IW for 19.95 I can send you the detail instruction on how this amazing process is done. Do you want to win all races?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
To win all races becomes boring!! :D

I orded a h32 for my rigger last week from Mark(First time customer)

The prop arrived today in Australia.

Out of the 50 or so props i have from various tuners i must say this looks the best.

Cant wait to run it when my motor comes back.

I take my hat of to you Mark well done on your service.

Many Thanks To My Customers,

I would like to thank Roger and Sarah Brookes from Australia and many others also.

Sarah won the World Junior Championship in Norway a few weeks ago, with Andy and John

Brown's Eagle SGX 21 and a few Props-4-U 1445's. Roger's boats were fast also,but I

understand Sarah is going to teach her father how to race again. :D :D :D

Thanks For The Business,

Mark Sholund

I made a swap with Mark not to long ago and it was as smooth of a transaction as the props I recieved from him. Very Nice Work. Worth waiting for. Thanks Mark,

Larry Jr.

I've used props by Eric/Mark and they are Scary fast.

I have also tried Capt. Chucks (Charles Horton's) props and they too are deadly!!!

Eric and Mark do satin finish, Chuck does shiny.

Dr. Wayne............we STILL have not heard what props you are in need of.

If it is a propshop prop they have to come from the UK. And not all of the props that are requested are in stock there. I have waited four weeks for props from Simon because he was getting ready to cast the one that is ordered.

The same is said for Octura. I think the only one that can deliver props from production quickly is ABC. And that is beacuse he is here in the U.S. All the other props come from Europe before anyone else see them to work on.

Even Andy has said that he has lost orders. We don't like it. But it happens. Hang in their.

One god thing you can call Mark and ask him what's up. There have been a FEW guys that have made off with the money and the PROPS never to be heard from again. Although you are waiting. For a change we have a few good people doing props.

Charles,

He is looking for a set of ABC 1816/3 if anyone has them,I have tried to get them from Jim,

but they are a VERY POPULAR PROPELLER OVERSEAS with the Fast Electric crowd. They will

come in very soon,Jim told me a week or so ago he was pouring more. Believe it or not,

sometimes just getting the propellers is half of the work. :D :D :D

I also found a little jewel for you today Charles. :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Mark,,keep doing what you are doing,, in business you cant please everyone,,so dont try.... Shoboat is and always will be number one in my book for props....

Mark,,keep doing what you are doing,, in business you cant please everyone,,so dont try.... Shoboat is and always will be number one in my book for props....

Hey Mark, keep your head up and don't worry about thoes jokers. I you had the ability to get their props to them in a day they would still have something NEG to say. You have been great to the sport. Also, i understand that you have a life unlike some other people.

heres my 2 cents.

As far as Im concerned, if you have something to ***** about, it shouldnt be on this forum. Well, unless you just want to look like an a$$ (which Im pretty sure you did), and especially about this guy. Everyone has there problems with companies, and this is basically due to the fact that the majority of the RC boating companies that we use are run, by a guy (1 Guy), working full time, and on the side doing rc boating services in his basement.

I've had my share of LONG delays from quite a few well known companies and its no secret as to who they are Im sure, but Im not about to knock them especially on the internet. I agree, it is iritating, but if you want quality then somtimes you have to deal with some badservice/delay. Be patient...

Mark on the other hand, in ALL the buisness I've done with him, he's been a stand up guy. Hell most of the time I get the parts/props in the mail before I have time to send the money! Good prices, good service and good comunication. What more can you ask for? I try to do the majority of my buisness with him because of this... and it seems like this is a growing trend B)

Good stuff guy,

Brian

Brian,

Thank you for your business and the nice compliments above. I do the best that I can for all

my customers and sometimes it is out of my control. Example,I have been waiting for

propellers from England since May. Even here in the USA I sometimes have to wait a month

or more until I can even get the propeller,let alone finish it and get it to the customer.

I appreciate the business that everyone sends my way, and I try the best that I can to have

happy customers.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back