Props For 40 Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm Doerr

Supporting Member
Let's not forget 40 props :rolleyes:

We are currently running 1457s off of Marty's Mandrel, some with with a Barr Cut in them, also we are running a 1460 that has been bent a little, (no clue on what the pitch numbers are at this time). What is everybody else going fast with in heat racing? We are running Roadrunner and Intrepid hydros :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Norm,

H-18,H-22 reduced a little,1457 with 4.09" to 4.50" of cup depending how short

the pipe is. With a Betke 45 Hydro, with Picco power,OPS 67 pipe at 8 1/2",65%

O'Donnell fuel, a Props-4-U Octura 1457 @4.50" of cup= 83 MPH on clean water

with good fresh air in Traverse City, Michigan.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Norm,

I've just recently backed off from a 1657 to the 1655 pitched up a bit. The MAC seems to like the smaller diameter. I'm going to try cutting down a 1657 to 55mm. Nearly ALL my props are Barr-cut. It relieves alot of the load in an area where you're not getting much thrust. I'm also working on the 1457, but you've got to pitch it up quite a bit to get it to run like a 16xx prop.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

i like the H22 full blade on 60% , it rocks on my SG

1657 after that , then 1655 , then a h18 with a rockin short pipe.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

I go to the pond and keep bending the tips until I like what I see.

Tim K

First choice for me would be a 1655 w/4.5" cup. 2nd would be a 1460 w/4.1" cup and 3rd would be a 1457 w/ 4.5" cup. This works well for me on a Crapshooter.

I am very interested in this subject , but doesn't power plant have alot to do with this? Will the Mac turn the same prop as the CMB or OPS or Picco or K&B? I am running a Mac .45 in a Hawk and a 1655 or 1657 the boat would not turn, both props where worked props one I think was a Mark Sholund and one was a CMDi prop ( I tried them when I ran with Tom Moorehouse they where his Props).

Thank You,

Paul

I am very interested in this subject , but doesn't power plant have alot to do with this? Will the Mac turn the same prop as the CMB or OPS or Picco or K&B? I am running a Mac .45 in a Hawk and a 1655 or 1657 the boat would not turn, both props where worked props one I think was a Mark Sholund and one was a CMDi prop ( I tried them when I ran with Tom Moorehouse they where his Props).

Thank You,

Paul
A 1657 is a little too much for a MAC 45 . It need some work to get it to run. It should pull a 1655 easy. Try a 1457 w/4.1-4.5 cup.

Guy's

i'm running a cmb hr45 mod, ops 45 nitro pipe at just under 9in, 60% nitro

turning 1655 mod 4.5cup and 1657 mod cut 55mm 4.5 cup

with relly good speed and awesome rev's

regards Aaron

Latest posts

Back