• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

prop swap

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparbarn

i have a prather 220 bc that i will trade for an octura x440-3. the 220 is too much prop for my .21 on a ts/original version.

The 440/3 will be too much as well. You should try the X440 / M440 or similar. Just my suggestion.

~James

james, thanks for the info. i neglected to mention that i have a prather mod kit on my motor. but, after blowing the rod out of it yesterday, i nedd another prop for my stock motor. i have a prather 215 ss that i like, but i feel that it loads the motor too much. it is a stock k&b 12mm crank, perry carb with the head set at .010". i run 30% nitro/20% oil-syn/castor. any ideas? x440 still good, or maybe down to a x438? i know where i can swap for the x440. any help will be appreciated.

Octura X440

Octura X437/3

Octura X438

Octura M440

Octura X442 reduced & detounged

Octura 1440 back cut

Octura X642 reduced & detounged

Prather 215

ABC 40X53

ABC 40X52 3 blade (reduced, detounged)

probably a few others...

I would try the M440 first

All of these props should work decent on your boat, which one will work the best is just a matter of trying them. Personally im not interested in trading but I do have them for sale, all in stock, new & ready to race.

hope this helps.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
james, this is what it looks like running with a 'stock' prather 215/ss-s&b. any thoughts? stock K&B/12mm crank/perry carb, on a top speed/original version (great planes, not aquacraft). prop shaft 3/32" above bottom of sponsons, motor angle level.

Last edited by a moderator:
swapped with jimi911-good trade,fast shipping, great person to deal with. i would recommend him to anyone. :)

Back