Prop suggestions for my JAE .21 rigger with Nova 21-7 on 65%?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Blevins

What would be a good choice of prop? I have a race in 2 weeks and all i have is this X646 i been running around to get the engine broke in and boat halfway lined out.

Adam,

I just received a really nice JAE-21 from a good friend, and it is running very well

with a 52 x 70 from ABC or the 1815 is working very good also. The pipe is pretty

important on these Nova Rossi's. I have a great 35+ with a really old Irwin S-Pipe.

Man can these old S-Pipes scream the RPM. I am also working on a new 1817, and

a 1819 to see if these new game changers can beat the old 1650's.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Adam,

If your engine's got the muscle, you won't be able to hang onto your transmitter with a de-tongued 1650.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

The engine has had some work.. It has a nova pipe on it set at 9 inch ATM. I'm having a hard time getting a shorter length to try due to space with this pipe which I believe its a 50040 Novarossi pipe. here is a pick. Im new to this so bare with me. Any advice on pipes and props are more then welcome. Thanks

And yes that is an OS carb. Its 8mm the nova is 9mm so not helping me much on power BUT the carb that came with it someone modified it and i couldn't get it to run right for the life of me... so i grabbed this off my sport 20 outboard motor. Runs and tunes great now
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This may give u all some type of help? I have a video here of it running the other night on the X646 that's just a S&B prop. Strut is all the way down on height adjustment... Seemed to run best this way.

I would suggest cutting the end of the pipe, so the header goes inside. You will want a much shorter pipe than that IMO. I had great success with a cut down 1450 (46mm) and short pipe. EDIT: Also to add, I was running the same motor (7M) with some mods and a Carbon pipe, also the orlic pipe. But I am told the Nova pipes are pretty good

I have got the pipe down to 8 to an 8 1/4 at most without it hitting/rubbing the engine... not sure i can get it too much shorter then that. So going to give that a try.

This may give u all some type of help? I have a video here of it running the other night on the X646 that's just a S&B prop. Strut is all the way down on height adjustment... Seemed to run best this way.

Is that in a vineyard? Very cool back drop!

8" would be a good spot.

get rid of that x prop. get a 1450 to start.. a 1650 is to much to RACE with.. straight line maybe but you have to have beans to pull it and i don't think it will very well, at least not without hacking it down in dia.

just my 2 cents from the cheap seats but i am not the PROP MASTER either.

Buck, this is where they have the "Wine Run" race. Just a fantastic site for a race. Great food and wine also. LOL.

Steve Ball

I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. Looks like a fun place!

This is a great place to run and with some great guys as well. Mike Starrett our club founder puts this race on.

And yes good food and GREAT wine!
default_smile.png

Back