Prop Shaft bushings of teflon K&B

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gattorno

Hi guys,

somebody to tried to make the bushings of teflon for the prop shaft, in one occasion i put ball bearing in place of bushings but the lack of lubrication finish damaging it.

Gatt.

View attachment 4310

Gattorno said:
Hi guys,
somebody to tried to make the bushings of teflon for the  prop shaft, in one occasion i put ball bearing in place of bushings but the lack of lubrication finish damaging it.

Gatt.

102482[/snapback]

The best set up i have ran so far, is made by Brian Nelsen. (www.nitrowatersports.com). The propeller shaft runs in a brass case. Looks like the one you have, but does not use a ball bearing. I believe the stock K&B case has lead teflon bushings, and they are to soft. Not enough support because the bearing case is so short. Just my opinion. Richard D.

Richard Dahlheimer said:
Gattorno said:
Hi guys,
somebody to tried to make the bushings of teflon for the  prop shaft, in one occasion i put ball bearing in place of bushings but the lack of lubrication finish damaging it.

Gatt.

102482[/snapback]

The best set up i have ran so far, is made by Brian Nelsen. (www.nitrowatersports.com). The propeller shaft runs in a brass case. Looks like the one you have, but does not use a ball bearing. I believe the stock K&B case has lead teflon bushings, and they are to soft. Not enough support because the bearing case is so short. Just my opinion. Richard D.

102490[/snapback]

Thanks Richard for the positive statments. The rebuild kits and complete assemblies I sell are made of bronze in the 800 series. They work great and last a very long time. 7.5 complete units will be available soon.

Brian

Back