Prop selections

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ron,

You might have better luck on the RC Boat Dock site.. Mostly Gas racers.

Are you going to be able to make the NW Champ race this year, we will be running the Thunderboats on Friday with the finals on Saterday.... My 75 Oberto Thunderboat is in Snells shop now and should be ready soon for testing... I think we now have 10 -12 that are ready or almost ready to race at the Champ race...

What props seem to be working out the best for this class? Thanks, Ron

Hurricane,

You may want to check with those who are running the same hull as you. I had an X1675 on a first generation Greed hull and it worked real well because of the tail weight. My philosophy was that I wanted to find a $20.00 prop for a boat that was not expensive to build rather than use an expensive prop and show that I could still be competitive. I then purchased a Feeback hull. I put the 1675 on it and it ran real well. Then I tried a Propworks West Classic Thunderboat Prop. Don't know what it is in numbers. It worked real well. I stayed with Jeff Michaud in a race and then blew it over. I should have known better because of the lift difference. Its in the setup.

There are a lot of very good hulls out there ranging in very different lengths.

Be more specific as to the hull you are running and you will get the answer you want and save yourself some headaches.

Thanks, Al Waters

Back