prop multiplyer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k&b guy

looking at the octura prop chart, i see different series of props have different multipliers. 400=1.4 600=1.6 etc. what is this multiplyer based on. tnx. CARTER

looking at the octura prop chart, i see different series of props have different multipliers. 400=1.4 600=1.6 etc. what is this multiplyer based on. tnx. CARTER
The multiplier is based on the first digit for the 3 number props, ex 440, 457, 438 all use 1.4

548, 560 is 1.5

and the first 2 didgits for the 4 number props, 2260: 2.2, 1957: 1.9

That number X the Dia = Pitch.

Don't know if thats what you were looking for Carter.

Where or how did Octura came up with that number????? That we be a good question to asked them, but it works.

Dan.

The multiplier is based on the first digit for the 3 number props, ex 440, 457, 438 all use 1.4

548, 560 is 1.5

and the first 2 didgits for the 4 number props, 2260: 2.2, 1957: 1.9

That number X the Dia = Pitch.

Don't know if thats what you were looking for Carter.

Where or how did Octura came up with that number????? That we be a good question to asked them, but it works.

Dan.
got it. next ?. let`s say you`re running a x440, and you want to go larger. would you stay with the 400 series & increase the diam. or go to say the 600 series , where you can have the same diam. w/ more pitch?

Carter,

here's an other thing with the Octura's, The X4's are medium lift general purpose props and the X6's are higher lift than the X4's and suitable for surface/semi surface use.

on my Hydro running a CMB LS .21 it should be able to spin an X440/3, no matter what I do the hull is to heavy and does not get on pipe, using the X437/3 however she's ripping the water.

here's some info:

12 are low lift ideal for submerged drive

X4 are medium lift general purpose props

M4 are like X4 but with the ears removed to unload the prop

Y are like X series but have 10% more pitch

X5 are general all purpose med lift prop

X6 are higher lift than X4 and suitable for surface/semi surface use

14 are moderatley high lift for hydros and deep V's

16 are high lift props for riggers and hydro's

17 are the highest lift prop for riggers and outboards

P7 are similar to 17 series but more rake and less lifti

19 are high lift for riggers and hydro's

V9 are moderate lift suitable for riggers, mono's and cat

20 are moderatley high lift suitable for riggers

21 are high lift for riggers and hydro's 22 are high lift surface drive only good straight line speed

Have a look at this site:

http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/props.htm

Dan.

Carter,here's an other thing with the Octura's, The X4's are medium lift general purpose props and the X6's are higher lift than the X4's and suitable for surface/semi surface use.

on my Hydro running a CMB LS .21 it should be able to spin an X440/3, no matter what I do the hull is to heavy and does not get on pipe, using the X437/3 however she's ripping the water.

here's some info:

12 are low lift ideal for submerged drive

X4 are medium lift general purpose props

M4 are like X4 but with the ears removed to unload the prop

Y are like X series but have 10% more pitch

X5 are general all purpose med lift prop

X6 are higher lift than X4 and suitable for surface/semi surface use

14 are moderatley high lift for hydros and deep V's

16 are high lift props for riggers and hydro's

17 are the highest lift prop for riggers and outboards

P7 are similar to 17 series but more rake and less lifti

19 are high lift for riggers and hydro's

V9 are moderate lift suitable for riggers, mono's and cat

20 are moderatley high lift suitable for riggers

21 are high lift for riggers and hydro's 22 are high lift surface drive only good straight line speed

Have a look at this site:

http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/props.htm

Dan.
great info. thanks dan. CARTER

Back