PROP BALANCE ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

Help!!! I don't have a clue how to balance a 3 blade prop. I balance my 2 blades where the 2 blades stop dead level every time on my balancer and run so sweet. How do you do the three blades ?

Thanks

Joe

From what I know (I have never really done it yet) is to mark one of the blades with a Sharpie marker & spin it lightly. it should stop in a different spot every time. if one blade is always down, that is the heavy one.

I just learned this on Jims, THe prop should stop ALL DIFFERENT POSITIONS On the balancer to be balanced. I did what you are doing and did it dead even across.

I guess thats not the way to balance, they are to stop at all places. and yes the heavy end will drop, but i would think if its in the middle and balanced your good, Need to look into this and find out the best and real way. I beleive what i have been doing is right, but after reading what a guy posted, its wrong.

Tom

The problem with balancing where it stops level all the time if you spin it is that you have 2 heavy sides, both are facing down. The leading edge of one blade, & the trailing edge of the other. A balanced prop should stay in what ever position you put it in, or stop at a different spot every time you spin it.

Hope this clarifies it a little.

Joe,

The best way is to mark all three blades:1,2,3

Then spin it on your balancer. The heavy blade will

fall down on the balancer,grind the heavy blade

with a 3M wheel until blades 1,2,3, randomly stop

anywhere on the balancer. Joe it takes some time

to do, but that is why I charge $25.00 for a 3 bladed

prop. I would be happy to do some for you.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

PROPS-4-U :D

25 bucks is a STEAL For a 3 blade, there a ***** when you first are doing them, I swear i chased the heavy blade for 2 hours.

NT

Thanks guys

Mark I just may do that. I'll get with you after this race this weekend.

Joe

I spent at least an hour trying to balance an octura v937, then i got the idea to measure the blades, one was a little longer than the other two. Once I trimed it to the same length as the others it came into balance pretty easy. This was the first time I have done this and it went a lot quicker afterwards. Hope this helps.

Dr.Dee

Work on it yourself how elce are you going to learn,when properly balanced it should stay still were ever you turn it on the balancer,practice makes perfect. plus a good dremel ,file,sandpaper ,calipers,and a vertical band sander one inch wide really speed the work up.

Back