Pre-Internats Testing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

As you might guess testing was a big part of the last few weeks for most of us heading to the big show..

Here is what i got for testing this last month..

Mod tunnel style..

This spring Wicked Wanda had the wrist pin and the hole in the piston fail...o well.. its an old motor and its time has come..OK.. now to the next motor..

Good running Rossi that i borrowed from Richie.. just a tad short on HP (the motor in the Nemesis Video on my website).. its good but the PL is tired.

I had a back up IB Nova so i converted it to OB Bolted it on and O yea... speed was good.... then I lunched a bearing after i hit the turtle that knocked the motor off the transom. The motor stayed on the boat and did not deep six.. whew..

New bearing and im in good shape right...wrong.. new bearings and after about 6 runs the new rear bearing BROKE... yea BROKE.. i have never seen anything like this before.. a slice of the rear bearing (outer race) about 3/4" long broke off.. sending parts past the piston...toast..

Back to the Rossi...

OK.. one more back up Nova.. one more try... good PL.. put it all together and whala... its slow and i dont have time to find out why...

BACK TO THE ROSSI..

Its the Rossi for the Internats...

BIG FUN

Grim ready to racer

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

I've got a spare Nova Rossi 21 short-stroke powerhead and a Mac 21 powerhead. I can let you try them before the races. Might have some parts too. Only condition is that you split your winnings with me....lol

Bob

If there is any chance for me to win i have to out drive you first... man you spanked me at the 21 shootout last year.. :blink: :D

If i had more power i would just spend more time upside down.. :lol: the boat is still off just a tad.

BUT.. if i need to i will take you up on that offer.. your a bud.. ;)

Thanks

Grim

Mike,

You are more than welcome to my cmb 21 outboards. they have not run since last year but I believe they had good speed.

Your week of testing sound much like mine.

20 hydro. Never had a minutes problem out of Mac 21. well out of two motors if I can come up with a set of bearing I will get to run 20 hydro. I have never seen a piston brake(pretty well dust) into so many pieces. Other just wasn't up to snuff and the rod just just dont look right.

40 hydro. boat running well first time out since evansville one day race. first run everything is looking promising. It stalls. Little bearing melts retainer. Ball had broken. Another motor in and it is running ok.

60 hydro ran one time. Pleased.

80 hydro. 5 motors later (In 2 hours) (anybody need a bunch of picco cases and cranks, head buttons?). Put 67 and got in boat runnig well. I came home really bummed. Got on the phone monday morning and ordered motors (cmb). Motors really feel and look nice but who knows. Guess I will find out friday with new boat this year and motor I just got today in open water. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

80 motor breakage

#1 broke rod

#2 broke crank

#3 chrome did not stay on sleeve (no gald on piston though)

#4 broke drum housing

#5 wrist pin pulled out.

If I had kept breaking the same part it would have neen one thing but ****.

Mike I had a bearing on my short stroke break exactly the same way a couple of weeks ago. Messed up the piston sleeve rod and head button. I have no Idea why the race would break like that. Strange.

You guys are all getting your bad luck out of the way before the Internats,that's not fair.....lol

Well Mike, I've built two new boats for the Nat's that haven't been ran yet and the 3rd has one race in the books. Nothing new though. I did the same thing last year. It just makes Saturday a little more filling. Good for the BP!

I am bringing spares if the new 20 mono isn't better than the old one.

Well my weekend of testing went very well......the old K&B is gonna smoke 'em all.

NOT!!!

But Im gonna have a good time anyhow......

~James "Topfuel443" Clegg Racing......bringing up the rear in b mod tunnel.

Mikie, too bad that I didn't catch you before you left. I've found out that if you run a normal pipe length on a Rossi, they run like crap. I had to go an inch longer on Eric's boat to wake it up.

Int'l Waters members that are racing, kick ass and take names! :D

Latest posts

Back