Pre-built JAE 45 Riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaise Recca

Under construction are five JAE 45 riggers. one boat is already spoken for with a deposit (Thank you, Dave).

I have made some modifications to this build project. All transoms are now two layers of 1/4 ply, both in and outside the tub. This will really tie the rear of the rigger together very strongly. The booms are now 1/2" 6061-T6 and the sponson pins are of the same material and they are a machined fit to each other.

I have also relocated the boom tubes, they now are in the fuel bay portion of the tub and are retained with machined Delrin collars. There is no longer a concern with water getting into a sealed nose compartment. The brass tubing previously used in-between the tub for the boom tubes is not needed. This make for a simple and strong setup.

These riggers will include all the latest water shearing modes, a finished, fitted radio box cover, turn fin mounting hard points, aligned and installed aluminum sponson pins, 1/8" tub and running surface bottom sheeting and prebuilt ski. 1/16" Finnish ply sheeting is used on top of the tub and sponsons.

Also included are vinyl JAE decals in your choice of color.

Price on these boats will be $295 plus $22 shipping

I am taking $25 deposits to reserve a boat. They will ship in two weeks or less.

Thank you, Blaise

Carolina Pines Custom Products

Last edited by a moderator:
Blaise,

During testing, what results have you had with the modifications you have done to the boat? Any driving characteristics thats notable?

Larry Jr.

Blaise,

During testing, what results have you had with the modifications you have done to the boat? Any driving characteristics thats notable?

Larry Jr.
All modification are basically build related to heat racing durability. The water sheering mods are from what I have observed from the multitude of JAE builds of all sizes.

I have one rigger left. The all should ship by the end of next week. Getting ready for for the district 12 race in Va. this weekend!

Here is an update on these builds. Well, photos anyway. The tubs are ready to be routed, the sponsons are just about sheeted, the Delrin boom collars have been machined and the boom tubes and pins are about to be fitted.

I have one prebuilt boat still available.

Well, this build is moving along but still not quite done yet. Covers need to be fit to the fuel tank bay and radio box. Bottom sheeting has to be added to tubs, ride pads need to be attached to sponsons and sponson pins need to be installed.

If you have a deposit on one of these riggers..... a few more days till they ship.

Thankfully, I have been busy working some real estate deals, so time to build in the shop has been hit or miss the last two weeks.

I still have one rigger left from this current build. Any interest, let me know.

This build session is done. I have five JAE 45 riggers ready to ship. If you have a deposit on your boat please follow up with final payment and shipping instructions.

I modified the top of the tub to enclose the fuel tank area with a fitted cover and have both boom tubs going through that bay. It makes for a simpler setup then the boom tubes going through the sealed nose section of the tub and less chance for water to enter that floatation chamber. The sponsons are in the same location as the original plan, the boom tubes were moved to accommodate this. The ski is constructed and is ready to be attached to the tub bottom after the stuffing tube is installed during rigging.

All boats are complete as shown here and include: prebuilt sponsons, tub and ski. Installed sponson pins and aligned booms, machine Delrin boom collars and JAE decals

I have one boat still unsold and ready to ship out. Any interest please let me know.

If you paid, your boat has shipped Priority Mail. Expect delivery within 2-3 days of payment.

Thank you, Blaise

I modified the top of the tub to enclose the fuel tank area with a fitted cover and have both boom tubs going through that bay. It makes for a simpler setup then the boom tubes going through the sealed nose section of the tub and less chance for water to enter that floatation chamber. The sponsons are in the same location as the original plan, the boom tubes were moved to accommodate this. The ski is constructed and is ready to be attached to the tub bottom after the stuffing tube is installed during rigging.

All boats are complete as shown here and include: prebuilt sponsons, tub and ski. Installed sponson pins and aligned booms, machine Delrin boom collars and JAE decals

Been busy lately and have not followed up with this post.

I have one JAE 45 outrigger for sale. Last one. Sale Price $250- $19 shipping.

I have made up a couple of stands for the JAE 45 boat I built. With the last rigger I have for sale I will include a stand with the boat for the same price of $249. The Shipping will be $22 for the whole package.

If interested hurry, this will be the last one!

Back