porting my 3.5 K&B.. Should I?????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstew0903

porting my 3.5 K&B.. Should I?????

I wanted to get some opinions of yours about porting my 3.5 K&B outboard. I have a car tuned pipe and a red carb and run 40%redmax fuel. Can I get alot more speed if I port the motor more or should I leave well enough alone. I see that K&B sells the new piston and sleeve that is setup for "pipe timing". If I port it will the engine not be as reliable? I was reading in the rc boat modelers december issue and it has an article about port timing. Dave richie gives some numbers to give an engine peak H.P. at 33,000 to 34,000 rpms. That seems like a lot more than the 25,000 that K&B claims on their site for the 3.5. Any one know of a number for Dave Richie or anyone else that modifies engines. Also what does it cost or should I get my dremel with a degree wheel and start grinding:). Oh well thanks for the help in advance.

Jason

Re:porting my 3.5 K&B.. Should I?????

You might try Clarence Lee. He always has a classified ad in the back of R/C Modeler magazine. He knows his stuff. I don't know how much he dabbles in the 3.5 marine size, but it would be worth a call.

Re:porting my 3.5 K&B.. Should I?????

I've heard of a guy that goes by the name Kid Rock (not the rapper) that does custom engine mods on R/C car engines--don't have a clue how to get ahold of him though (gee...that's not much help, is it?) I'll look around........

Back