Plans for JD WOF 28/30

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
na, too late for that.....do you have a hard metal object withing reach? if so, try very hard to swat a bug right between your eyes with it, and when you wake up a few weeks later, all better- it works, trust me i know it does! ;D ;)

Joe

Its my famous disappearing posts, they stay up for couple minutes and POOF!! There gone, He,He,

Gene ;D

Phase III Racing: Happy hour starts at 9:00

Hey Jerry, I,m currently building the Dunlap 27. The side profile of the sponsons look similar to your new boat. Are these 2 boats similar at all in performance or handling? --------Don

Don,

The performance of the D27 & WOF 28/30 are very similar. There are some design differences, besides the length. The WOF 28/30 has less lift in the center section and the motor is offset to the right.

The WOF 30 version is intended for modified motors, while the WOF 28 size is for stock motors. I find it much easier to build a WOF boat than a built up frame boat like the D27.

The D27 was orginally intended to be a new kit from Dumas to update the Hotshot 24. When K&B Mfg. changed hands and motors were no longer available, Dumas decided against investing in a new kit. That was a good business decision on their part.

However, I had the plans all drawn up for a frame boat so I sent them into RC Boat Modeler. I think I ended up building something like 14 D27s for myself and others and from about the third hull on, I switched to WOF construction.

Well, that's probably more information than you needed, but the NASCAR race is still a few minutes from getting under way down in Texas.

Jerry D.

Jerry D..

Question.. What might be the main difference between the WOF 28/30 and the WOF 27?? Besides the obvious, length. I'm running a WOF 27 with a KB that's been mod to the hilt. My WOF 27 was built, per instructions, to be used with a MOD motor.

Just wondering while stuck at work and missing the NWC race :'( :'(

Thanks,

Mark..

Mark,

When I first got my CMB Green Head 21 Outboard, I tried it on my D27. The boat was way to out of control to be a race boat. I then ran the motor on an HTB 29 and that worked fine. However, I really like running my own designs and so I built the first of the 28/30 WOF hulls at 29 3/4" and then I built on at 28 just to see how that would work with a stock motor. But, my 3.5 stock boat is still my Villain S1.

Jerry D.

Jerry

I hope you are getting plenty of orders for the WOF 28/30, mine is on it's way . I have the D27 plans and patterns cut out but I am holding off building it. OOPPS !! My wife caught me, she tells me yes I will be building a D27 for her and my daughter to run !!!! Yes dear !! : :) :-

I read your post on your choice of the WOF 28/30 and since I have a stock and mod engine thats what I will build . I hope to get my hands on one of those new K&B 3.5 SX 's and a Mac 21 . So I will have quite a few JD WOF hulls.

P.S. Trying to keep post on front page

WB,

Not knowing how many sets of plans to order, I had a half dozen run off last week. Those are all gone and I'm going to run off another half dozen on Monday or Tuesday.

Jerry D.

Thanks Jerry, the money will be in the mail today or monday , the U.S. Snail !!! I will send it priority mail so it will get there quickly !! I'll make sure to put my Email in there too. Glad to see they are selling well !!??

OOPPSSS !!! NASCAR is on got to go !!! ;D

COME ON GUYS!!! I KNOW THERE ARE MORE THAN SIX PEOPLE THAT NEED A GOOD SET OF PLANS!!!! :- > :(

IF YOU WAIT TILL THEY GET IN THE MAGAZINE IT'S 27.00 +++++ !!!! :eek:

Hi JD,

Got my plans in the mail today - thanks. You have my email I think to post the instructions too. If not they it is on my profile.

I hope your mums doing better.

cheers

GT in Oz

Hi GT,

That didn't take all that long to get down there. My mom is doing better. She'll be ready to come home before "This Old House" is ready for her. Is "This Old House" shown down there. It's a tv program on remodeling older homes.

It will be necessary make some major changes/remodels to my parent's home of 63 years. That's going to take time. Thankfully, I'm not doing the remodel!!! I can fix broken sponsons, but that's about it.

Speaking to "time being taken," I don't think I'm going to be able to do much in the way of written directions in the next two to three months. However, I can respond to individual questions about building the boat and have many photos of various construction aspects I can e-mail to those who have purchased the plans for the JD WOF 28/30.

WOFman Jerry

Jerry now I know what and why you said you built 1 or 2 D27 and the rest were WOF's !!!!!!! I started sanding and 10 minutes later I still only had a slight bevel !!!!!!

The heck with this I said and dugout my windsor products razor plain !!!! Let's just say I have a 1/4" gouge in my thumb and blisters every where else !!!!

But hey I'm all most finished now !! Then more sanding and finish with some good paint and designes. I always have to put some funky designes on every thing I build !!! And it most of the time is real loud colors !! NEONS FOR SURE !!!

Thanks for the WOF plans !!! they look a hole lot simpler !!!! ;D

Jerry good to hear she is doing better :)

BTW how big is your new WOF 28/30? and what does the 28/30 stand for?

Me thinks you should have called it the JD WOF 711.2/762 sounds better, and they are also REAL measurements ;)

just had to say it, you know I'm joking ;)

Kris

I do not have enough wood to cut out all of my parts, where is the best place on the web to buy some Midwest Birch Plywood? Towerhobbies has a six sheet min. can someone please point me to another source.

Thank you

Dave

TD,

I buy my plywood locally here in Tacoma, WA. I know there are places on the web that do sell aircraft grade plywood, but I don't have a web address for any.

If, after a couple of days, no one else provides a source for wood, contact me by e-mail and I'll quote you a price for the wood required to build the JD WOF 28/30.

Jerry D.

Back