Pit boxes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

After lugging around a heavy pit box for years at the races, I started looking for something lighter with just the essentials. I went to the LHS and bought a Brand name laser cut box but was big time dissapointed when the wood was warped and pieces didn't fit. I looked around in the basement and found this Rubbermaid tool box that has spaces on top for small parts boxes. Hey, the power panel fit great on one side and the other side holds a starter in place! I put the battery in the bottom and still have a tool tray in there for extra plugs and tools that I might need in the pits. Now I have to figure out how to put a TX mount on there. I was thinking of possibly some long pegboard hooks.

Let's see some of your boxes!

Grim,

Do you carry that with you everywhere you go? ;D You must have muscles the size of Popye!

Mark.......

I just finished my Byron's modified to fit two gel cells and the rest of my stuff.

Field%20Box.jpg

This is what we use:

hydro_1_005.jpg

taifun_1_009.jpg

Don't have pictures without a boat at the moment, sorry!

Regards

Robert

Saugling,

I like the Tx tray, I got to make me one of those.

-MikeP

hey ron, i'll go ahead and tell the make of my crappy lhs laser-cut box that doesn't fit right either....

the hobbico ultra tote :(

just build one yourself is my 2c ;)

Yeah, I have one of those too. I'm hanging onto it and have a half fried power panel on it for the fuel pump and a spare starter. The one I bought is a Sig. It's still sitting in the basement partially done.

What I really want later on is one that I can easily take into the house with wheels on it and a boat stand that can hold any boat that I put on it plus whatever TX I need at the time. I'm waiting for someone to toss out a Big Wheel trike during trash pickup for the rear tires and axle.

If you want to show haulers, here is mine. It's a '94 Ranger with low miles and a trailer that my Dad built to haul a Golf Cart. I bought it from my Mom and have a total of under $300.00 into it including lettering. That is hard to see in the shot. The pic was taken at Camp Dearborn, home of the 2003 IMPBA Internats.

Back