pipe length for a .15

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krusty 181

Hi all , can someone suggest a starting point of pipe length for a little Kyosho .15?

Thanks

Andrew

What kind of boat? I run mine about 4 in, horizontal from the center of the engine, back to the widest point... I don't like measuring around the curve..

Hi all thanks for your help , i should have given a bit more info , its a side exhaust motor , with a kyosho quiet tuned pipe i found who knows where , its in a Dumas little rascal rigger and its only the kiddies play boat , i dont want to be trying to squeeze the life out of that motor , it has a conrod smaller than a toothpick

,just want it to be able to come on pipe easily

Thanks

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there Andrew. I've got a Lil Rascal that I've been slooooooooooooooooowly building as well. I started off building it with my daughter so its really her boat. She is eager for me to finish it and I'll have it wet this summer. The construction is done and I've got two .15 engines for it: Dynamite .15 (Miss Bud engine) and an HPI .15FE watercooled. I've also got a Hobbico muffled tuned pipe. I've got a Joe Solinger rudder and strut assembly for it as well. What a beautiful piece of aluminum hardware!

I'm glad you posted this thread because this info is what I'm going to be needing real soon as well. Let us know how your boat runs when you get it wet. I'll be posting about mine later this summer. I've got 5 boats that I'm currently working on right now! 3 brand new and 2 rebuilds and all of them should be in the water this summer :D !

Latest posts

Back