pipe BS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalbro

I'm just getting in to rc boats over the last 2 years and i gained 6 mph with a new erwin quiet pipe and a hopper boat whats the problem here i think both work very well together????? thanks to both .

Yes you are correct, the Irwin pipe and the HTB hulls are a great combo, the problem is they are both making pipes now and both have a very good product, they just need to settle their differences off line, that's all ;)

Gene ;D

Gene you are right they both make very good pipes and the HTB tunnels are great also. I know mark as he is a good friend and a christian. Mark & BUDDY studyed all outboard pipes before building THIER own. They are even trying changes to improve the great pipe they have now. I was in on this a little and I know this is not a copy of another. The deal is that he caught a lot of slack because they are building these pipes. All they want to do was build a better pipe than what is out there now and better the sport. I thought that is what we were suppose to do. And Jim you are right there is room for every one so act like it. Mean no one any harm but the more products we have for our sport the better off we are!!

I run a simalr setup, what is your speed? Also, what engine? currently I run a CMB greenhead with a Carbon Fiber pipe, but I had an Irwin on there before. The speed was in the low 50's. I think the key, as any racer will tell you is proper setup of the center of gravity, foot height and angle, with a given prop. All of the props I have act totally different and each require a little tinkering after changing. Really check you foot angle and height off of the setup board. Those seem to inhibit my speed more than anything which is really a given for any boat.

Billy R.

Yep.. that is the one!!! I ran it on that greenhead I am shipping you. Is is excellent!!! Seems to really get on the pipe well and on command. It seems also to have a really good high end boost. Even with that piston and conn. rod walloed out to a .011 clearence, it ran around 50'ish when I had in the water last. The hard part is that there is no point on the pipe to anchor it like others. Is that something you might could do? Also, send me your shipping address again... the wife cleaned!!!!

Billy R.

Never mind about the shipping address, I thought for a second that you were the TimD from Precsion Boats.com

How can I get my hands on one of those Australian wonders?

Billy R.

Hey Billy,

you had me a little confused there for a minute!

Glad you liked the pipe. I am totally happy with mine. To mount the thing I use a clamp around the stinger.....

The pipes were imported to the US by Tunnelbill about a year ago. I sent them to him from here. The guy who makes them is a friend of mine who is not on the www.

I would try tunnelbill first if you want one - he might still have some left. If not let me know.

Tim.

He,He,

Yeah its the one I had, it made that K@B of mine kick some Boot- tae!!!!!

Here's a pic:

Now you watch..... Billy's gonna want my prop too...... :p

Gene ;D

CFpipe1.jpg

Yep... that is the one and only. I would like to get my hands on a few of those!!! I saw how you attached it to the engine. Did it work well that way? I tried some other methods...they work, but are really ugly to anyone looking!!!! What characteristics did you notice about the pipe. What is this prop you are talking about????? Top Secret info?????

Thanks

Billy R

whoa,

didnt know you tunnel guys payed so much attention to engine/pipe combos.....w/ the lil' inboards im used to there's too much variety to really know untill you use stick the goods in a hull....im getting an 3.5cc OB outrigger in the mail soon......it's got a Irwin Pipe and standard old style Kickbutt on it....anything i should know?

Joe

I have only ran a K&B a few times, but never owned one. I have always run OS for stock and CMB's for mod class. I have run Irwin pipes though. Nothing really bad to say about them.

Billy R.

Hey Guy's

Just now got a chance to get back online,

Its been a long day.....

Bill,

Yeah it was just a easy and lite way to do it, I just took a piece of control rod and made a eyelet at one end to attach to the engine mount bolt and drilled a hole through the stinger, it has a brass insert so it wont break, then I soldered a small piece of brass tube on the outside end to hold it, and a piece of fuel line for good measure. Survived a couple flips and still held on. The pipe is a wicked one, liked the way it hit and wound out on top end. The prop is a project I started last fall, I will email ya some specs after I do some more testing.

Joe,

Grim races outboard hydro, he's the one to fill ya in on tips and tricks.

Gene ;D

OB Hydro..

OB Hydro..

OB Hydro..

OB Hydro..

OB Hydro..

OB Hydro..

OB Hydro..

LOVE IT... Get it, squeeze it,, gone....

Grim ;D

There might be some interested guys here. What would be th US$ price? Or contact information/ website

Billy R.

I think they were about $85 US no header when Bill was selling them.

Somebody approached me in the last week to find out about distributing them in the USA and I am trying to contact the manufacturer on his behalf. The guy is not on the www and doesn't have an email address either. Should have some news soon.

Boy did this thread change!

Tim.

Latest posts

Back