Pics Needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atious

Can some of you outboarders post or e-mail me some pics of your radio box and fuel cell set-ups? I'm having some difficulties positioning everything and getting my cables routed. Need some ideas. [email protected]

yah pics please

i have a 31" prather with a 3.5cc K&B outboard and have never got it running.(in like 12 years). i need ideas on how to set up the internals.

Mike

first post!!

Civic

Can do.. I would think that your best bet is to buy the Prather cable set offerd for the boat. It will work just fine. If you would like to learn more about intalling the guts then we ( the I waters Gang) will help as we can...Let me see if i can find any pics to post.

Grim

Ya might get a few ideas from this,

Box layout from HTB:

sheet2_.gif

I would take a good look a Grims radio box once he gets the pics up, I used the same setup as what he is using (thanks Mike ;D ) and it has worked flawlessly since. The aluminum servo horn for the sterring is great!

P.S. I also use one of Mikes tunnel hull fuel cells - you cant go wrong with them.

~ James

Thanks Gatt, my radio box is set up exactly as yours is, the only diff is mine is white. My problem is the throttle cable. I have my rudder controls set up nicely but the throttle cable seems a bit too stiff. I tried the teflon shield/nylon rod type but it was way too stiff. I found some cable from an old bike that is flexible enough but cant find a good flexible sheath for it. Fuel tubing is perfect for flexability but the silicone drags the cable like stiff glue, even with some grease.

I used a piece of small diameter vinyl gas line as a sheath. It's flexible enough to allow free movement. I'm thinking now that I must be doing something wrong with my throttle cable setup since I tried the golden rod and clevis and it was way too stiff to allow free movement. Can you post a pic on your throttle setup? How are you retaining the cable to the engine?

thanks

i think i'll need all the help i can get i've been told that my motor is a real pain to work with!! :( we will see.

Civic

Can do.. I would think that your best bet is to buy the Prather cable set offerd for the boat. It will work just fine. If you would like to learn more about intalling the guts then we ( the I waters Gang) will help as we can...Let me see if i can find any pics to post.

Grim

well, after looking at the #508 online and looking at what I recieved.....it aint no #508. I think that seems to be my biggest problem. I threw away the package so I'm not sure what it is, but its so rigid it would compete with a peice of piano wire. I have heavy guitar strings that arent as stiff. I guess I'm going to be making another order.

I think they make to differnt sizes. you need the smaller one for throttle. The larger one can be used for a pull-pull steering set up.

And leave enough slack in the shething so you can turn the engine full L & R and still have a slight bow.

Back