• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Picco Rod .67exr NIP SOLD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hgatjens

I have one new in package rod for the last version of the Picco .67EXR.

$80 including shipping. SOLD

Last edited by a moderator:
What is funny about that is Harry Knows that Those of us the still run picco know were to get rods and the current price.

What is funny about that is Harry Knows that Those of us the still run picco know were to get rods and the current price.
I generally offer up items for a fair price and certainly offer up a fair share of info just for the sake of it.

Problem is, I know this is the main part that breaks and is unavailable. I have many complete engines, piston/sleeves and about every other part for Piccos This is my only new rod and so I am not going give it away. I don't need the money so am not in any hurry to sell it. if you don't want to buy it, don't.

I generally offer up items for a fair price and certainly offer up a fair share of info just for the sake of it.

Problem is, I know this is the main part that breaks and is unavailable. I have many complete engines, piston/sleeves and about every other part for Piccos This is my only new rod and so I am not going give it away. I don't need the money so am not in any hurry to sell it. if you don't want to buy it, don't.
Now if Mr Richardson could command that price and its a fair one in todays market. Would he start making those wonderful IBEAMS again???????Mikey

Now if Mr Richardson could command that price and its a fair one in todays market. Would he start making those wonderful IBEAMS again???????Mikey
Well, we tried about everything we could to get him to do some for us a few years back. **** the cost. He just wasn't into it. That's the only reason I switched to CMB. At least for now, you can get parts. I really think Piccos were as fast if not faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, we tried about everything we could to get him to do some for us a few years back. **** the cost. He just wasn't into it. That's the only reason I switched to CMB. At least for now, you can get parts. I really think Piccos were as fast if not faster.
Long live the PICCO`s

Quote! This is a main part that breaks and is unavailable, and you have a new one for $80. Fair price, I dont think so.

Quote! This is a main part that breaks and is unavailable, and you have a new one for $80. Fair price, I dont think so.
First Off Hope everyone has a wonderful day with family or friends, Can you share some info for the guy's in (D-2) that still run the picco's where can you get a rod for under $80 I would like to know! and what about fuel I ran ODonnell fuel for about four years here in MI, is that also still available.

thanks

First Off Hope everyone has a wonderful day with family or friends, Can you share some info for the guy's in (D-2) that still run the picco's where can you get a rod for under $80 I would like to know! and what about fuel I ran ODonnell fuel for about four years here in MI, is that also still available.

thanks
You might try Joe Warren for Picco parts.If not i have some. The fuel is sold by Great Planes now.

When you can get him to it...................... ;) ;) Brad Christy makes a VERY GOOD Rod.

And the Price is not $..................

But cost of materials may change that.

When Dave Richardson stopped making connecting rods I started buying them from Aeromarine. Remy makes a nice piece. I never had a problem with any of the engines I built. As long as you had 2 oil holes on the bottom end of the rod ( at the 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock position ) and one on the top end side of the rod they would last a long time. They are still listed on his website. Picco .67/.80 rods are $32.00; Picco .45 is $25.00. I used the factory rods in engines built for Mono hull boats, but I did the same thing as above with the oil holes. Hydro engines I went with the barstock rods.

Dick Tyndall

Latest posts

Back