Phil Thomas, My Super Sport 45.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, that's a trick ghost flamejob with the gold pearl, and the rips look real 3D like. did you do that airbrush work?

i see some serious e-power there. looks like a geared hacker with 24 cells? i see 2 motor wires, so maybe it's a big brushed though? whatever motor it is, it's BIG hehe. what kind of runtime will you get running all out? will it stop on the lake and get back up?

very cool looking hydro you've got there, i'd put it in a glass case ;D

Looks really good I take it you don't race in IMPBA or NAMBA? FYI If you do your boat won't be legal for either one of those organizations due to where you mounted your strut. Otherwise it does look really nice.

Since it is electric, do the sport 40 rules apply? Don't know the electric classes but don't they go by number of cells?

Charley

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the comps. The paint is House of Kolor candy tangerine, the body base is silver and the flames have a gold base. The clear has a yellow glass additive similar to pearl. It does have the stealth cowl.

The motor is a 355/40/6 Plett, still playing with prop size but the minimum is a x460/3 and I'm working up to a 470ish. Running flat out ( race speeds) I want about 1:30 to 2 minutes max runtime. For play time I can get 5 minutes out of it.

Sport 40 rules don't apply to electric so the boat is legal in both NAMBA and IMPBA. The boat is considered a s hydro, 24 cells open motor.

Paul.

Forgot to mention,

From a dead stop in the water it gets on plane as soon as the throttle is hit, no tossing or slow get-up.

Paul.

"Wow" Paul,

I don't know much about electrics but that boat sure gets my blood boiling. Really great job of building! How does she turn? From the looks of that turn fin, on a dime!

Hello Don,

Yep, she turns like its on rails and that's at 50% throw.

Paul.

Hello Don,

It's a RC-Hydros.com unit. 10 to 24 cell 90 amp, forgot the part number.

Paul.

Hey Paul,

Looks like the boat turned out well. Sounds like it runs pretty well, you sure use a big prop, how fast will it run on a charge?

have you had it to a race or is it just for fun?

PHIL

Hello Guys,

The first race for the boat was this weekend, in 3 heats of racing I ended up with 2 1st and 1 2nd place finish for first place over all.

Great boat, even on batteries!

Paul.

Back