ParkZone F-27Q Stryker 180 Ultra Micro - AWESOME!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

For those of you who fly...

I have been flying around my two Ultra Micro planes from ParkZone lately... T-28 Trojan and P-51 Mustang.... Wanting to get something a little faster and more maneuverable, on Andy Kunz's recommendation, I picked up the new ParkZone F-27Q Stryker 180 Ultra Micro...

http://www.horizonho...80-bnf-PKZU2280

I flew it for the first time last Friday and all I can say is WOW! THIS IS MORE LIKE IT! Fast, handles great, and really FUN!

I'm working my way up to the point where I am capable enough to try my hand at EF1 Pylon racing. This is certainly a step in the right direction!

It was a little windy yesterday, which made the flying tricky, especially since it was a first flight and I don't have everything trimmed correctly, but I'm happy to say that after 6 or 7 take-offs and landings, everything is in one piece and, in fact, I only had a "rough" landing once... Every other one was smooth as silk!

If you guys want to get started flying... These UMX sized planes are perfect! Easy to transport, reasonably priced, and the more docile versions (T-28, etc.) are very forgiving.

I'm loving it!!

Now... if it would just handle floats... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some more Stryker flying yesterday. **** this thing is FAST! Gets out of sight real quickly at the local big park I've been flying at, but is SURE is FUN!

The stock battery is an E-Flight 200mAh 25C 2S pack that has a unique connector on it. It looks like a standard balance tap, but it doesn't match any of the generally known taps. I contacted and sent a picture to Pat at RC Lipos and he was also stumped.

SO, in order to also utilize these two new Thunder Power 250mAh 25C 2S packs I have here, which have standard JST connectors (red 2-pin... like the standard RX packs sometimes have), I cut off the stock power lead/connector, and soldered on a JST connector to the ESC. I also ADDED a JST connector to the E-Flight pack, so I can still use it, but I left the stock connector in place so I could still use the E-Flight charger, since this particular pack also balances through this connector.

The TP packs a just a tad taller than the E-Flight packs, but there should be plenty of room. I'll hopefully give it all a go tomorrow. I might see about getting some video, but can't promise anything. Might be tough to film and fly at the same time.... especially with this fast thing!
wink.png

Saw one of those at the LHS the other day. There is also a big brother to that one that is about twice the size. You want to go fast. Try a hopped up ultra fun jet. Does about 125 with there step up from stock motor. Way fast enough for me.

Mike

Got some video today....

Had one good flight:

Got turned around a bit there... mostly because I lost concentration worrying about filming rather than flying...

BUT, It was a clean break of the wing and aileron and I have it all CA'd and taped back together and I think it'll fly fine again. Also added some ballast to the back of the plane so I can achieve the CG they recommend. I wasn't able to get it there by just moving the battery alone.

Latest posts

Back