Paint code - 2008 U-7 Formula

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I have posted in the past my paint supply guy told me that PPG has been purposely jacking the prices on their high end DCC series to "get it out of the hands of shadetree painters". I have been looking at alternatives but the bad part is you never run out of stuff at the same time, I still have plenty of reducer and catalyst.............
Don,

I have found that alot of the parts will intermix & work IE: on the Nason 497-00 clear, I'm using Imron V-192S Catalyst and Imron 8585reducer,, (leftover supplies)

The V192S also works with the Nason Ful-Thane 2K paint

The paint shop I use also hooked me up with an "off brand" catalyst for some Nason Ful-Cryl (Acrylic Enamal) and the reducer I had was the Dupont Base Maker,, he said that would work fine and did..

Just a little experimenting to find what may work together. I mix a very small amount and dab it onto a scrap of wood, let it cure overnight and see if it hardens properly.

Then I fuel test it, to see if it stands up to our use
The one thing that keeps me hooked on DDC is the catalyst option I always use- DFX-11 Supercharger. Using DFX-11 for the catalyst your paint is dust free in 5 minutes, a killer option when one does not have a paint booth.
default_smile.png

As I have posted in the past my paint supply guy told me that PPG has been purposely jacking the prices on their high end DCC series to "get it out of the hands of shadetree painters". I have been looking at alternatives but the bad part is you never run out of stuff at the same time, I still have plenty of reducer and catalyst.............
Don,

I have found that alot of the parts will intermix & work IE: on the Nason 497-00 clear, I'm using Imron V-192S Catalyst and Imron 8585reducer,, (leftover supplies)

The paint shop I use also hooked me up with an "off brand" catalyst for some Nason Ful-Cryl (Acrylic Enamal) and the reducer I had was the Dupont Base Maker,, he said that would work fine and did..

Just a little experimenting to find what may work together. I mix a very small amount and dab it onto a scrap of wood, let it cure overnight and see if it hardens properly.

The one thing that keeps me hooked on DDC is the catalyst option I always use- DFX-11 Supercharger. Using DFX-11 for the catalyst your paint is dust free in 5 minutes, a killer option when one does not have a paint booth.
default_smile.png

Gotcha,,,, The garage paint jobs sometimes drive me NUTS

Don,

default_smile.png

Gotcha,,,, The garage paint jobs sometimes drive me NUTS
Don't ya just love them "nats"
default_mad.gif

Back