P21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katbookie

Does anyone know anything about this older Picco 21 model... P21 silver case,... I think maybe it came before the p5..???

Hi

The P21 is an early P5 - Short stroke motor (square)

Pretty good little motor - what do you want to know? Specific questions will get answers rather than opened ended like this is?

GT

I guess I'm looking for advice on buying one used. This motor is supposed to be new, maybe started a few times. I'm looking to put it in an original Eagle rigger... Would you recoomend the engine?

Hi Anthony

You didn't say if the motor you've been offered is a rear or side exhaust. If rear exhaust you will need to use a 180deg header. These are good little motors and yes they are stronger than the K&B. If you want to they can be modded up but they go pretty well standard. These were some of the first Piccos that Ron Paris started playing with.

I'd have to be honest and say they are not in the same league as a NR, Mac or modded CMB but it depends on what you intend to use it for. They are a good solid motor but don't have the high HP of the later LS designs. If it was at a good price it would make a good toe in the water 21 and will thrash a stock K&B.

GT

Tony,

My o s max 21 RX is better than both of those older engines. In a rigger you are going to need the power

if you want to go fast.Mine is also fresh,I just rebuilt

it.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund :D

Back