Outboard set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Drake

Can someone tell me what would cause a tunnel hull (P-spec) to hook in turns? ( motor height to low or high)? It seems to have the correct ride attitude in the straights but halfway through the turn it hooks and spins out. I'm running 1.2 degrees ( I believe it's negative angle... Skeg toward the front of the boat)... Would it be better to run at zero degrees and make adjustments with my battery.

do you have the turning tuned down to 60% so servo dont turn motor all way when u go into the turn.mine would do that till i turned it down

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much weight up front will cause this during the weight transfer when cornering, and engine height being too high and too much steering servo throw are all places to work with. I always reduce my servo throw % until the boat will corner at full noise and not hook :D

The gang here is right..

You ONLY want enough steering deflection to get around the course + a tick more. The VS-1 was not designed as a point and shoot boat.

Prop, prop lift and motor height are also very important. Stick with a low lift prop for now. The VS-1 WILL win races on a bag prop. You dont need a "Hype" prop.

Also.. LIFT going in to the corner and power up around the apex.. besides when was the last time you WFOed a corner in your Chevy!

Grim

.. besides when was the last time you WFOed a corner in your Chevy!

Haha.... last time I rolled it

Back