Outboard Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonSoper

Hello. I have an HTB 290 with a CMB .21 rs. It only has less than a gallon of fuel through it.

My question is, should the engine unload (rev more) in the turns? Do I need to raise the motor a little to let it rev more it the straights? It is with an X440 prop.

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is, should the engine unload (rev more) in the turns?
No.

Do I need to raise the motor a little to let it rev more it the straights? It is with an X440 prop.
Probably but there are other things that can cause it too. How high is the propshaft relative to the bottom of the sponsons and what angle is the propshaft at?

No.

Do I need to raise the motor a little to let it rev more it the straights? It is with an X440 prop.
Probably but there are other things that can cause it too. How high is the propshaft relative to the bottom of the sponsons and what angle is the propshaft at?
It is close to 1/8" above the sponson bottoms. Maybe I need to lower it to get it to stay hooked in the turns? It doesn't seem like the engine revs like it should. Maybe because it's new.

No.

It is close to 1/8" above the sponson bottoms. Maybe I need to lower it to get it to stay hooked in the turns? It doesn't seem like the engine revs like it should. Maybe because it's new.
get that x440 off there don and get you a good mark sholund 1440 backcut cupped prop.. youll thank me for that one.

tk

No.

get that x440 off there don and get you a good mark sholund 1440 backcut cupped prop.. youll thank me for that one.

tk
Got an extra one? I know you need the room :lol:

No.

tk
Got an extra one? I know you need the room :lol:
i have a couple 1440 props that are used on my hulls..lol i really dont have more of them.. mark will hook you up though, yell at him

tk

Hello. I have an HTB 290 with a CMB .21 rs. It only has less than a gallon of fuel through it.
My question is, should the engine unload (rev more) in the turns? Do I need to raise the motor a little to let it rev more it the straights? It is with an X440 prop.

Needle is still fat for that prop.

Revs in the turns needle is fat, sags in the turns needle is lean.

Needle is still fat for that prop.

Revs in the turns needle is fat, sags in the turns needle is lean.
That makes sense because I was leaving it rich during break-in. Thanks.

I agree with Bill and Terry. The 1440 from Mark Sholund is a great prop and will solve your problem also you might want to try a T101 from Ernie LaFlure this si a great B-mod prop as well.

SW

Don,

Go to www.htbboats.com Click on Tunnels and then HTB 290. Go to the bottom of the page and click on setup help. There you can see where I have my motor set. Maybe that will help you get started.

Mark

Don,Go to www.htbboats.com Click on Tunnels and then HTB 290. Go to the bottom of the page and click on setup help. There you can see where I have my motor set. Maybe that will help you get started.

Mark
This set up worked like a dream for me!!!!!!!Thanks Mark

Don,Go to www.htbboats.com Click on Tunnels and then HTB 290. Go to the bottom of the page and click on setup help. There you can see where I have my motor set. Maybe that will help you get started.

Mark
Thanks for all of your input everyone.

Back