outboard motor museum

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronald van Essen

Like the title says, take a look at this half hour video with lots of different outboards...

I didn't found this, but some one I know, also a rc boat enthousiast.

Have fun watching

seeing that 2.4 Bridgeport motor brought back some memories, I used to help a guy work on a 32' skater with triple 2.4s. this was about 1988 and that boat set a kilo straightaway run at 106mph, fast in its day. I lost some of my hearing starting up the center motor in the travellift bay. those motors had offshore midsections and were loud. this boat got sold to a guy in upstate ny. wonder where it is now?

Lots of memories in that video. My first Hydrostream 14' vee bottom had an Evinrude 75np Hustler short shaft. next was a 15' Allison clone with a Merc 1500XS. Along the way I had a 4cyl Chrysler Stacker and an X115 Evinrude. Before V-6's my fastest ride was a T2X merc on the 15ft. Those speedmaster lowers on V-bottoms handled really well. Small diameter props 9-10.5" As a kid I remember a buddy on the lake had a Merc Hurricane 10hp on a 12' Alumicraft. Kicked my 8hp West Bend.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back