• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Outboard bracket 7,5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anders-e

Looking for a bracket K&B style 7,5

default_unsure.png
:unsure:

Thanks

//Anders

Topfuel

I´ve seen pictures of the stumpfab mount in your topic here in the outboard forum, which is adjustable up/down, but can´t find it on the stumpf seite.

Is that the next generation? If so I can wait until it´s ready.

Anders. Yes, that is a prototype engine mount. I am working on getting it finished now.

Anders. Yes, that is a prototype engine mount. I am working on getting it finished now.

Which measurements are you talking about? The mouning bolt pattern is the common 1.5"x.75" pattern. (like just about every 7.5/11cc mount out there) The part that goes through the transom. The rest is all StumpFAB specific.

I like your bracket BUT sharp corners will fail. If I made this bracket, I would make it wit a .060 to .090 (1/16 to 3/32) radius in each corner.
When I was doing aerospace machining, way back when, the rule was NO SQUARE CORNERS. Square corners will fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, square corner motor mounts exactly like this have been around for decades, and ive never seen one fail in the referenced area. Thanks for your input, and good luck with your bracket! .

That's right there is nothing wrong with square corners in aluminum it absorbs the vibration if this was a Rockwell harden bracket made out of steel I would be concerned but like Gabe said these have been around for ever awesome mount gabe

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back