OS Outboard Lower Units

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
Hey guys. I am getting more calls for lower units to complete a outboard setup. I will start carrying New OS 21 Lower Units in stock very soon. To be competitive, I will offer them at the same price as Tower Hobbies, $145.00 each. I will also be adding used OS 21, Lawless 21 and 45's, and used K&B lower units as well, to fit both the Novarossi 21 KEEP and 46 TO-BE engines. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received two OS lowers from Tower today that have been on back order since July. With my super saver discount they were $122.49 apiece shipped. Back ordered since July... and people tell me all the time .22 rimfire ammo is tough to find. The rimfire area of the plant where I work makes about 5 million rounds a day.

Lol. You are so right Larry. OS Lower units as hard to get as a box of 45ACP...lol. Hopefully this will make it easier. I will try to keep at least 6 in stock at all times.

Lol. You are so right Larry. OS Lower units as hard to get as a box of 45ACP...lol. Hopefully this will make it easier. I will try to keep at least 6 in stock at all times.
Lol! It just so happens that I run a 45 auto loader at work most nights.
default_wink.png

Enough sidetracking your thread from me. Nova power heads on OS lowers, are a potent combination, and with you carrying the lowers, it makes it one stop shopping.

Plenty of .45acp ammo around here, **** little .22 though. A .22 is not what I would consider a zombie apocalypse round, must be the survivalists hoarding them. Good for getting a quick meal & tin cans, not much else. Really can't understand the scarcity, every ammo manufacturer claims they are making millions of .22 rounds a month - where the hell are they????

Sorry for the off topic rant, Ron. You ARE doing a great job of supporting this hobby (-;!

Ron I have somehow ended up with K&B lowers for both a .21 and .45 that are currrently unemployed, not even sure where I got one of them. Will NR engines bolt right up or is there an adapter kit? What do I need to end up with a running unpiped outboard for each size? Ballpark price for each? Everyone seems to be raving about NovaRossi and the pattern guys are loving them too. Sounds like it is time to join in. Thanks for the info.

Rick H.

Rick,

The Novarossi 46 will bolt directly to the K&B 7.5 lower unit. If it is not a newer lower with the cut out for a pipe, it will need to be trimmed to allow room for tge header and pipe.

The Novarossi 21 KEEP will require an adapter plate to bokt to the K&B 3.5 lower. The 21 was designed to bolt directly to The most popular and readily available 3.5cc lowers on the market, the OS, Lawless with the OS mount, and the Hyperperformance angle drive with the OS mount. Fred at Lawless makes an adapter plate to adapt any engine that is setup for mounting to these two lowers, to a K&B or Lawless that has the K&B mount. This 1/8" adapter plate, will require longer flex cables that can be acquired from Hyperperformance Products or from Kris Flynn that is also on the forum. You will then be ready to go!!!

You can go to the novarossi.us site below when you are ready to order your engines. Thanks.

Plenty of .45acp ammo around here, **** little .22 though. A .22 is not what I would consider a zombie apocalypse round, must be the survivalists hoarding them. Good for getting a quick meal & tin cans, not much else. Really can't understand the scarcity, every ammo manufacturer claims they are making millions of .22 rounds a month - where the hell are they????

Sorry for the off topic rant, Ron. You ARE doing a great job of supporting this hobby (-;!
Thanks Robin.

Lol! It just so happens that I run a 45 auto loader at work most nights.
default_wink.png

Enough sidetracking your thread from me. Nova power heads on OS lowers, are a potent combination, and with you carrying the lowers, it makes it one stop shopping.
Thanks Larry for your feedback.

Ron thanks, exactly answers my question plus a few I didn't know I had. I'm thinking of putting this powerplant together for a Thor to run after I have some more experience running and racing a VS-1 and a Topspeed 2. I have a couple of very good K&B's for those now but will be looking for some more performance a little later. Thanks again, I'll be in touch soon.

Rick H.

Robert,

This has been discussed with Novarossi and with a strap-on muffler, would give the outboarders a Novarossi Sport B motor offering. They are working on several projects so stay tuned. Thanks.

Robert,

If Nova made a complete outboard engine one day, (engine, lower, muffler), it would meet the requirements and could be accepted as another stock outboard just like the OS, Thunder Tiger, and k&B.

Robert,

If Nova made a complete outboard engine one day, (engine, lower, muffler), it would meet the requirements and could be accepted as another stock outboard just like the OS, Thunder Tiger, and k&B.
Just tell em - no anodizing - and it will be just fine
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
(a joke btw )
default_wink.png

Thanks for offering another outlet for lowers Ron
default_cool.png

Andy

Back