OS ENGINES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston1

What is the status of the OS 65 VRM. Has it been discontinued? What about the OS 81 VRM?

I found that OS still has stock of the piston sleeves, pistons and connecting rods for the .65, so I you really want one, then you can put them into a .81 block and you will have a .65. I think the crank is the same, if my memory serves me right. When those parts go bad, you will still have the parts for the .81 so you can run something with an .81 after the .65 parts go out of stock.

Hammer

You can get an O.S 61 SX-M over here. It is set up for Straight fuel, though. It is'nt in their line up, but it is aailable. You can also get an O.S .91 VD-M. They are after marketed helicopter, and ducted fan engines.

Check out www.os-engine.co.jp/_i.htm

They have an English version. It doesn't list the exotic stuff you can get from them though.

Hammerhead

Thanks for the info Hammer. You confirmed my thoughts about the 65 discontinued. I've always run Picco motors, but motors and parts for them are unavailable in the USA now days and like it or not I am being forced to make a change. I run CMB 90s in my Seaducer monohull, Nova's in my 21s and 80s in my twin Xtreme. I recently bought CAM 80s to begin replacing my Picco's. I like the OS 81s but I am concerned with the fact that OS might be in the process of discontinuing them also. What do you think?

Jose Ortiz IMPBA 11755

If they decide to discontinue the O.S .81, from my understanding, is that there is no class for them in Japan. Everyone who buys them, usually changes out the guts to make them into .91s. If they get rid of them, they will replace them with a 90class engine. That is the scoop that I got.

While looking at their homepage, I noticed that they have discontinued the .21 RZ-M as well. :'(. I wonder what they have in mind for replacing it. I know that if you go to the dealers around here, you can still get them, but I'm sure that they will have something out by the time stocks run dry. I'm hoping it will be the .21VZ-M factory model boat engine. We can get the VZ-M now, but they are special order. If you wanna kick some @$$ get yourself a K90. They are definately worth the extra bucks.

Hammer

Those are hot!

Back