OS 9B carb/Violett needle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett randall

I bought a motor with a OS 9B carb on it, but want to use a remote Violett needle.

What do you do with the existing needle? I've seen glow plugs inserted before...and I've heard "drill out" the glow plug, what does that mean?

What is that thread size on the 9B carb opening? Would just a plain ol' screw work?

Tips? Other things to watch out for?

Thanks.

Garrett

9B.JPG

I bought a motor with a OS 9B carb on it, but want to use a remote Violett needle.

What do you do with the existing needle? I've seen glow plugs inserted before...and I've heard "drill out" the glow plug, what does that mean?

What is that thread size on the 9B carb opening? Would just a plain ol' screw work?

Thanks.

Garrett
O.S. use to sale a chrome cap plug that would plug the hole properly IF you removed the needle valve assembly from the carb. you may want to search Towerhobbies to see if they still do.

Thanks.

Garrett
Hee ya go,, this is the plug http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=%3Cb%3E22881%3C%2Fb%3E300

Or you could just cut the needle portion off, and screw it back in

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks.

Garrett
Hee ya go,, this is the plug http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=%3Cb%3E22881%3C%2Fb%3E300

better of to use the os remote mixture control that screws right in

Thanks.

Garrett
Hee ya go,, this is the plug http://www3.towerhob...81%3C%2Fb%3E300

better of to use the os remote mixture control that screws right in
I agree with Steve- I might have a few around if you're interested.

Glenn

Thanks.

Garrett
Why remove anything????..........just open up the stock carb needle about 8 turns and it will be completely out of play.

Now just hook up the line from the Violett and use it to adjust your mixture.....

Latest posts

Back