OS 8 Plug

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been sitting a while i got it new only a few flights had it on a biplane sold the plane !

Attachments

• os91.jpg
    os91.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 0
The problem I have with #8 plugs is if you run too lean and the plug drops the coil, you can almost guarantee that the piston and liner is going to get scored... it like dropping a coil spring thru the motor..

I'd rather burn a #6 and be a litte safer...I think the coils vaporize as they burn up...
I've had plugs come in hollow, and not suffer any motor damage..

just an observation...

The problem I have with #8 plugs is if you run too lean and the plug drops the coil, you can almost guarantee that the piston and liner is going to get scored... it like dropping a coil spring thru the motor..

I'd rather burn a #6 and be a litte safer...I think the coils vaporize as they burn up...
I've had plugs come in hollow, and not suffer any motor damage..

just an observation...
That is what worries me about the rossi r5 anr rt6 there coil seems very thick. I would hate to have one of them come loose through the engine. I Have a time with the os 8 plugs seems like all the testing I do once I get my temp to 240 or so and messing with pipes they turn color and sometimes I loose a coil I guess I am running them on the ragged edge and just need to be more careful. and there expensive now best price I have found is 8 a piece on ebay .

David, have you checked AL Hobbs vendor site here on IW ?
I think he is lower than 8 bucks a plug..?
Well the rossi are 4.50 and 5.50 for the rt now I think. I never asked him what other brands he had if he has OS I might get some from him sometime. But for now I have 24 of these rossi plugs I will give them a good try first I guess.

Well the rossi are 4.50 and 5.50 for the rt now I think. I never asked him what other brands he had if he has OS I might get some from him sometime. But for now I have 24 of these rossi plugs I will give them a good try first I guess.
Good plugs for many decades . The OS coils look fragile but do work well in airplane applications.

Back