OS .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to this forum and I found this thread from a while back. I'm interested in this engine also. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Hi Guys

I have 3 of these engines and they are a good sport engine - they are more powerful than a K&B 21 IB & are built with typical OS quality. IMHO they represent great value for money for a strong sport engine but don't go hard enough to compete against the strong italians.

GTR, I guess these engines are pretty reliable and give pretty good perfomance. I've got an old OPS .65 that I bought way back in 1979 when I was a senior in high school. I've never really had that much luck with it. It's always been tempermental. Maybe the fact that I've tried to run it in an overweight, warped Dumas Quickie 40 that I built that same year may have some to do with it :unsure: ? I snapped the con rod about a year ago. I found a brand new one on ebay about 6 months ago for about 23 bucks delivered. I just replaced the rod yesterday. Maybe I'll try this engine in my SK Daddle later this summer.

BTW, the .21 will be for my severely underpowed Dumas DV20. It's got an old Thunder Tiger .25 airplane engine with an Octura Kool clamp. This thing can barely get out of it's own way :rolleyes: . It's kinda fun though. Easy for the kids to handle but even they get bored with it!

Back