OPS 60 with Zimmerman valve

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ids987

Supporting Member
I came across some Zimmerman type rotor discs - amongst some OPS spares. These are still in the OPS bags, and labelled OPS .60. I haven't personally (as far as I recall) seen an OPS . 60 (or any OPS other than a .90), with a Zimmerman rotor, so I'm curious whether anyone else has ?

Ian

I ran OPS's for long years in the 80's and can't remember any .60 motor equipped with a Zimmerman disc.I have an OPS catalog(1982) and no zim parts for this size engine.

Gill

Ian; OPS made a 60 speed and a 60 marine engine with a zimmerman valve in the early 70s, It was called the [serie70] Guaitiero Picco [The P in OPS was responsible for the design of this engine . Regards Jack ODonnell.

Owned 2 of them and in their day were hot!! Not by today's standards but nice motors. I owned one until 1987.

Curt

Thanks for the replies guys. It's always interesting to hear something of the history of these things. I guess the rotors will probably stay in their packets for good though.

Ian

Latest posts

Back