online hobbyshops

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_Cousin

Which online hobbyshops are you guys using with good prices on things like

Starter belts

Servos

glow plugs

CA and epoxy

props

Misc boat stuff etc.

Looks like Tower is cutting back on their boat stuff. They don't even sell octura stuff anymore.

Tower has never been a good source for boat stuff. Servo city occasionally has good sales, stock up when you see them. In addition to the sources mentioned, I've also been happy with Rossi Sales and Mastons (gas stuff).

Dan,

Phil's Hobby Shop in Fort Wayne,Ind. Great prices and good stuff to spend

your money on. Ask for Bob Kensill Monday thru Friday.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I buy locally when I can. Starter belts from a sewing machine repair shop, they put new ones on trade-ins or repaired machines and are still in great shape for boaters plus they're dirt cheap.

CA and epoxy I get from my LHS's. Most sell the same brand with their logo stuck on them. Mine will get props for me but they really don't like to as some places like Octura have a minimum order amount.

What the LHS's can't get for me or don't want to mess with, a phone call to Gary Preusse gets me quick service and great prices.

Phil's is a good place to deal with also. I've only bought from them once through their store but they used to set up a booth at the Fort Wayne race and stocked up there. Great place to buy lots of glow plugs, especially McCoy's. Good prices on fuel too.

Which online hobbyshops are you guys using with good prices on things like

Starter belts

Servos

glow plugs

CA and epoxy

props

Misc boat stuff etc.

Looks like Tower is cutting back on their boat stuff. They don't even sell octura stuff anymore.
L and L Hobbies is expanding it's inventory in radio controlled boat products. It would be great to get some feedback as to what people are looking for to be sure what you want is in stock. If it isn't in stock however, L and L would be happy to order it and keep in stock from then on. L and L Hobbies is owned by a long time boater and is looking to expand even more. www.landlhobbies.com

Back