oh crap shoot er

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lay,

Is it for the 45 boat? I think they have been running 1657 with good results.

I know some new ones, like the 2216 may be STOUT if you want to play around

a little. Jim ran a 2018 at the SGR and did real well also. These props I am talking

about are all NEW PROPELLERS from ABC props in Ohio. I have a few protos left

if you would be interested in trying any. I am going out of town today,but I will

reach you on Friday night or Saturday if you are interested. I would just need

some FEEDBACK on them.

Thanks,

MARK SHOLUND B)

For a 45 Rigger that is light. 5-5.5 pounds,(like a Crapshooter). The 1655 cupped by Andy is super. The 1457 off of the MWD Propduplicator is execellent. Or do a blade reduction on a 1657 cut it down so the blade diameter is somewhere between that of a 55 and 57, (that is the cheapest and easiest way out. No opinion on the ABC props. If you can turn around 27 to 28 grand the speed should be mind boggling.

yeah it's for the 45 boat. the guy i bought it from said he was running a 1450 cut and cup I don't know how much he pitched it up but i saw it running the last race of the season and he was super fast.

Mark i would be interested in the props you mentioned, i also sent you a M.O for a 1452 for my sport 40. did you get it yet?

norm what do you mean by If you can turn around 27 to 28 grand the speed should be mind boggling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leighton,

Go w/the 1450 two blade. You should have no problem pushing a 1452 if you have it worked down just a little bit.

Happy New Year. Wanted to let you know I mailed the money Saturday night for the Garcia pipe. Sorry for the delay. I put my return info in the envelope.

[email protected]

Lay26 said:
yeah it's for the 45 boat. the guy i bought it from said he was running a 1450 cut and cup I don't know how much he pitched it up but i saw it running the last race of the season and he was super fast.

Mark i would be interested in the props you mentioned, i also sent you a M.O for a 1452 for my sport 40. did you get it yet?

norm what do you mean by If you can turn around 27 to 28 grand the speed should be mind boggling.
If you have a strong engine that operates will in the 28,000 rpm range the boat should be in the mid to high 70s maybe 80 AND it will still come off the corners well. A 1450 SEEMS AWFULLY SMALL FOR A 45 BOAT. Did I miss something?

Norm I think we both missed some thing . I run the 1450 on my 20 rigger. either they have tired motors or they are not set-up right ..Scott

ScottVanSlooten said:
Norm I think we both missed some thing . I run the 1450 on my 20 rigger. either they have tired motors or they are not set-up right ..Scott
OOPS. The 1450 is a great blade for the 20 boat. If you get a special Prop Duplicator ,(the 1450- S) You will have an excellent prop. What 20 boat are you running?

Lay,

For the 40 boat you want a sharpened and balanced 1657 no cuts or cup. I doesnt take a real strong motor to pull this prop and with proper set up 80+ is easy to get to.

Allen Waddle

There is ALOT of lift with the 1600 series. Make sure it is set up for this.

guys keep in mind that the motor i'm running is a picco 45 exr blackhead it has a new piston/sleeve and the compression is good. basicaly it's stock all the way. are you all saying that i could pull a 1657 with no problem? :)

what about 3blades do they work on riggers good? <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Lay26 said:
guys keep in mind that the motor i'm running is a picco 45 exr blackhead it has a new piston/sleeve and the compression is good. basicaly it's stock all the way. are you all saying that i could pull a 1657 with no problem? :)
what about 3blades do they work on riggers good? <_<
That is a good engine. The numbers from the factory are good. Put a GOOD aftermarket rod in it. The stock rod is not good . That engine should have a ton of power it will go fast.

The three blades work great for Time Trials and Straightaway passes. I found the three blades for heat racing on a 40 to be a little "tweaky" With my boat the thng gets violent with a three blade and does not come off the corners well in lanes one or two.

A friend of mine has older crapshooter(maybe even during the Marty days of crapshooter) with an ops40 not 45 and it will pull the 1657 into the mid to high 70. I also have 2002 crapshooter with blackhead in it and run the same prop stock 1657 in the low to mid 80. It all about the setup on these boats. It will always be fast but when not setup correctly your driving a worn out pinto and when setup correctly your driving the newest and finest rolls royce. Also you will probabaly want the Andy Brown 45 quit pipe drilles out to stinger size at somewhere between 8 to 8 3/8".

Sincerely,

Allen Waddle

Guest_Norm Doerr said:
The three blades work great for Time Trials and Straightaway passes.  I found the three blades for heat racing on a 40 to be a little "tweaky"  With my boat the thng gets violent with a three blade and does not come off the corners well in lanes one or two.
That depends on what 3 blade you're talking about. If you are referring to the Octura V series then yes, not good for heat racing. On the other hand I've seen a 1455/3 run super smooth thru the corners, they are just not a common prop. B)

Yes sir . That would be the V series. With the cowl off in straightaway trim you are looking at high 80s but a really unfriendly prop for heat racing. Mills terrible LOL I never tried the 1400 series. I am sure if it one of the older heavier Crapshooters it would work great.

The youngsters Picco powered 02-45Crapshooter likes the stock 1657 best but has also raced very well with a 1657 Barr cut. We have a mildly pitched and cupped Andy Brown 1657 that we have not tested with yet. The boat did not like the 1400 series as much ( we tried these 1455-1457-1460)... Tony J

Back